Cardiff Half-Marathon

501 to 513 of 513 messages
23/10/2009 at 11:08

Thanks for the birthday pressie Daz!!

Lestsh get pished!

23/10/2009 at 11:28
I don't actually have to look up any race info, when you do as many races as I do its just a case of thinking a bit. I'm perfectly calm, just expressing what I think of "big race tourists"
23/10/2009 at 11:42

Dominic I think you are like me you just like racing,although i have not done as many as you,on about 26 so far this year.

i really enjoyed cardiff but still prefer the little club races with about 80 or 90 entries of which there are loads down in our west wales championships

.Yes the Sd 20 tee shirt was a good one its my favorite.

23/10/2009 at 12:32
Coincidentally, I was even wearing my SD20 t-shirt last night when one of your club buddies came round my house Dom pmsl
23/10/2009 at 13:27

Just to put prices in perspective, I'm doing a race next month, entry fee, take a deep breath now.....£275

Yep thats not a typo £275, and I think I get value for money for that, so £27 for Cardiff was a bargain.

23/10/2009 at 16:01
Where?
23/10/2009 at 21:20
Ironman Arizona, Phoenix good ol US of A.
23/10/2009 at 23:37

Send a postcard! And come back brown,as we used to say,oop North!

Good luck!!

23/10/2009 at 23:50
A friend of mine took the medal for first placed M60 ............. said it was a great course
23/10/2009 at 23:57

Newport also has a tendency to have a few "we didn't particularly bother to tell anyone unless you happened to be in the right place at the right time" charity events.  Some of which are runs, while others are 'designed for walks, but you can run if you want'.

For example - Campus-Campus, RGH 10k(ish), 3 peaks challenge, Newport 'pink fizz' half marathon

They are just really badly advertised.

I'm going to look out for the 3 peaks next year.  I saw it advertised on a blackboard outside a pub, which was race HQ.......and only remembered about it on the day when I saw a group of about 30 mixed walkers/runners heading off.  Mynydd Islwyn, Mynydd Machen and Twmbarlwm - sounds fun.

24/10/2009 at 00:29
Wilde Rover wrote (see)

Newport also has a tendency to have a few "we didn't particularly bother to tell anyone unless you happened to be in the right place at the right time" charity events.  Some of which are runs, while others are 'designed for walks, but you can run if you want'.

For example - Campus-Campus, RGH 10k(ish), 3 peaks challenge, Newport 'pink fizz' half marathon

They are just really badly advertised.

I'm going to look out for the 3 peaks next year.  I saw it advertised on a blackboard outside a pub, which was race HQ.......and only remembered about it on the day when I saw a group of about 30 mixed walkers/runners heading off.  Mynydd Islwyn, Mynydd Machen and Twmbarlwm - sounds fun.

Heard about all except the RGH race, but I couldn't tell you when they happened because they didn't grab the attention.  Apart from the 3 peaks, which I wasn't too sure was a running race.  Are you serious that those three peaks sound fun!    Only in a "MyGodIDidIt!!" kind of way!    But the point you rightly make is that they are really badly advertised.  They aren't events, and they're not putting Newport on the running map.  A Newport athletics club is home to Steve Jones, and the city can't boast a major race?!  If the goody bag was signed by him I wouldn't care what was in it! 

How about the Steve Jones Mara Challenge?  Beat my record.  Get a flat enough course and all the runners in Britain would want to see that!

25/10/2009 at 19:13
did a 5 miler in sarasota florida,(Bills Beer Run)  7.30 am entered from home $22, ran a fair race all you can drink(beer etc) burgers and pies and a tee shirt. And i won $50 for being the most travelled entrant,yep i made money for plodding along.
29/10/2009 at 13:08

got my little personlised plaque for my medal today, very cool.

I'm one of those big race tourists that seem so unpopular, and I plan on coming back next year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
501 to 513 of 513 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.