Cardiff try-a-tri

21 to 28 of 28 messages
ImRio    pirate
17/04/2008 at 15:37
Oh and take some talc for your feet
Iron Pingu    pirate
17/04/2008 at 15:56

Cheers everyone, this is just the sort of thing I needed to know (and feel silly asking) ....

So Hope and Seren, you're both planning to do this and are first timers?  Cool!  I feel much happier now    .

Seren, did you do FLM, I'm sure I've seen you on the Forum?

17/04/2008 at 16:34

I've done this event twice, its perfect for a 1st event. You will do the swim in heats, with 2 or 3 per lane with a 10 second starting gap between each person. Your heat should contain people of similar ability, this is done by grouping you according to your estimated swim time.

Pool etiquette requires you to move to the side of the lane when you reach the end of the length if you feel someone tickling your toes and likewise if you start tapping the feet of the swimmer in front, they should move over for you. 16 lengths, dont worry if cant swim them all in one go, you can rest at the end, have a breather and go again. Most of all enjoy!!

seren nos yn canu    pirate
17/04/2008 at 16:57
Yes i did FLM and looking for a new challenge now...... a think the three different types of training will be healthier for my knees.....
Iron Pingu    pirate
17/04/2008 at 17:10
Yes, that's what I was thinking, might get my speed up a bit on the shorter distances too.  I had to do loads of swimming instead of running for FLM because of a dodgey left knee, don't know what I'll be like on a bike.  Do they allow stabilisers ?
17/04/2008 at 17:12

The swimming is my biggest problem

20/06/2012 at 08:27

just found this old thread by mistake.

totally forgot / didn't realise later that Hope, myself and iron Pingu popped our tri cherries at the same event........

even with our rusty hybrids and MTB's and the fact that the biggest of my worries was the swim

i had only just joined the triclub to learn how to do crawl.............and the 12 yr old son i took to marshall instead of me turned into the just turned 17 yr old son who crewed the double for me............4 years on and somethings haven't changed........apart from the 3 of us went on to be ironmen

Edited: 20/06/2012 at 08:28
Iron Pingu    pirate
06/07/2012 at 23:01

Haha, just read back on this!!  I didn't do Cardiff tri in the end, did Hereford as my first tri slightly later in the year.  But how lovely to read back on our tri wibbles and now look what we've all achieved!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.