Carver Wolverhampton City Marathon

1 to 20 of 426 messages
20/05/2010 at 09:29
anyone playing again?
20/05/2010 at 13:53

Looked at it last year, but could not make my mind up .

Was it two laps the same - cant remember.

ECN - take it you did the full, so was it any good ? 

20/05/2010 at 14:25
I am going to be doing the half.  This will be my first one.
20/05/2010 at 14:59

I'm in...slightly worried about lack of Isotonic of course, but have roped Daddy in to provide such services.

Might even get him to set up a little table for the fellow runners (subject to checking with race organiser...)

20/05/2010 at 16:07

yeah have done the 1/2 twice and the full last year, it is two laps with a  little bit of a funny little loop, however i did mention this to the organisers last year and they said they would look into it.

it is a good run, well.... i quite enjoy it 

20/05/2010 at 16:23

Did it last year

Enjoyable race

20/05/2010 at 16:29
Is it a flat course.  As this is my first I just want to get around (at leat it is a PB) then I am hopefully going to do the Brum one in October and try to go faster.
20/05/2010 at 21:12
will be mine subject to a decdent run in the Cov half-two laps good/bad?
20/05/2010 at 21:20

coming back to kick pure arse

we ran 4:41 last year followed by Robin hood the next week in 5:07

20/05/2010 at 21:46

Hi All

Did the full last year and looks like I will do the same this year.  The course is gently undualiting of what I can remember one or two climbs but nothing to fear.  Can get a bit lonely on the second lap.  

Fell in a heap at the 20 mile point at Stratford due to the heat (suffered with cramp).  So plenty of long sunshine runs for me this time around.

20/05/2010 at 21:50

yes Stratford was hell

gave in at 17

21/05/2010 at 09:05

Stratford was supposed to be my one and only attempt at a full, but really enjoyed it so I have the bit between my teeth to go for another this year (did 4.28  and did not mind the heat too much but the second lap was a bit of a killer and a little lonely).

This sounds a little similar, so pondering .

Does it fill up quick (sure I read somewhere that 400 ! did it last year - that cant be right can it ?).

Did a 7 miler this morning which was glorious.

21/05/2010 at 09:54

are you playing again Mr Mick n Phil;?

may actually catch up this year? are you playing at the Ellenborough 10k at Maryport in August again?

what about Langdale?

Edited: 21/05/2010 at 09:54
22/05/2010 at 19:09
ECN - Fancy seeing you here.  Just having a look at this one, because I think my plans to do Langdale may be scuppered due to a clash of dates.  Will you be bringing your little pacemaker?
22/05/2010 at 20:54
yeah she will be there but only to actually run the kids fun run this time and as usual get on my girlfiends nerves while i run
28/05/2010 at 18:37

Well this was my first Marathon a few years back and must say I gave it a shocking review as I found it horrendously dull BUT was that because it was my first and I didn't know what to expect? Hmmmmmm... (Done 3 since then - 2 good, 1 an absolute joke)

I'm on the waiting list for Abingdon but not sure I'll get a place... tempted to book in for this as a back-up...

Was it really as bad as I remember or am I looking at it through non-rose-tinted-glasses?

Another Hill & Mick 'n' Phil - I also bonked at Stratford - fainted at mile 18 and had to take time out on the sidelines. Struggled round to the finish though. Sweltering conditions.

Edited: 28/05/2010 at 18:39
29/05/2010 at 14:14
Hi All

Im thinking of doing this or Robin Hood after a very bad Edinburgh marathon. At the moment im leaning towards this as I get the impression that it is flatter.

Ive seen the route and have nbo problem with 2 laps, its gernarlly nice for supporters. Does anyone have any idea of the elovations of this race?

Any help would be appreciated
29/05/2010 at 14:26
Hi Apples, had a similar choice to you. Decided on wolvo as I'm pretty sure it will be flatter. A lad from work from the area says he doesnt think there is too much to worry about elavation wise. Looking at the winning times on this course and their respective pbs there is nothing to suggest this isnt a fast course. What sort of time you looking at? I'll be officially entering soon.
29/05/2010 at 14:51
Hi Harry

Thanks for the reply.

I had great training for Edinburgh but got a chest infection and it affected me from about 10 miles on, in the end I was just happy to finish. My target in that was 3:35 but I think I would be happy with 3:45 now.

Think ive pretty much decided on Wolves now as its within an hours drive of family and can combine the two, as soon as I know my chest is going to be ok I will get an Entry in.

What kind of time are you and everyone else aiming for?
31/05/2010 at 19:09

Am thinking of doing this one as part of a mental month in Sept....

What's the crowd support like?  I've heard stories that marathoners are left to run alongside buses on the second lap - that can't be true can it?

1 to 20 of 426 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.