Central Lancashire New Year Half Marathon

21 to 40 of 156 messages
10/11/2010 at 11:13

Andrea,

I did this race last year and it took me 2hrs 9mins and there was still a few finishing after me so I reckon with 2 hrs you'll be fine. (I'll be behind you at least so you might just be second last)

Plus there was a mars bar at the finish which will encourage a last minute sprint.

10/11/2010 at 17:54
Thanks Duffs think i am going to be in this one, its a good time to do a race will keep me on best behviour over xmas so that mars bar will go down well ha ha!!!
11/11/2010 at 11:21

Hadnt realized it sells out.

I'll have to get my entry in quick!

Lancaster Half had a change of course due to flooding, and the change included a couple of hills which wrecked my PB attempt by 36 seconds!

I was hoping to run this one as a leg loosener after Christmas but it may turn into a serious attempt on a PB now!

11/11/2010 at 12:22

Sells out? Didnt realise so many people wanted to run so soon after New Year. Most of the people at my club said it was too close for them to recover!

16/11/2010 at 13:33
Just signed myself up for this one. Looking forward to it.

Never done it before so should be interesting.

The perfect thing me thinks for avoiding some of the Christmas temptations......although a little is always good, it is never enough.....

Duffs and Andrea, I can't do the mars bar - loosing weight 46KG and counting, but would be more than happy plodding along with you.

See you all there I hope
16/11/2010 at 13:50

Welcome aboard Scott - I'm sure someone will volunteer to disown you of your mars bar - well done on the 45kg so far - that's an impressive achievement

17/11/2010 at 14:34
just got my number 600 an someat
17/11/2010 at 15:15
Cheers Duffs. Anyone who has ever wanted ( or in my case needed ) to loose weight, it's all about the encouragement you get. My friends and family have been superb.

Looking forward to getting my number as well.......how long does it normally take from entering until they issue numbers???

A free mars bar to the person who gets the right answer, LMAO
17/11/2010 at 15:22

Scott,

I got my confirmation email for enetering on the 1st November and my number came through in the last day or so, so you should get it pretty soon. It also comes with some good instructions and directions.

However, also in my bundle was an application to do the Blackpool Half Marathon in February and I am really tempted as I haven't done that one before. Evil tempting more races. . .

(mars bar prize not necessary)

Mhairi

(also apologies Scott - in my congratulations I robbed you of 1kg - and I now how hard each one is to shift)

17/11/2010 at 22:05
Sent my form off on Friday it was here be Wednesday.
19/11/2010 at 03:18
Think I'll do this one again. Let's hope there won't be snow & ice like last year when it had to be postponed for ages.....
19/11/2010 at 06:14
I'm also looking forward to it. Definitely fingers crossed with the weather. Should be a nice little run. Don't mind the cold, wet or wind, but I draw the line at ice and snow....especially in the amounts we had last year.

I am also signed up for the Brathay Windermere marathon in May.....now that will be a killer, and I may well resort to a mars bar after that one.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
19/11/2010 at 15:28

I've signed up . My race number came within a few days, 600 and something.

As I see it, I'll have a hangover on 1st Jan, spend all day lazing about, drinking lots of water, so I should be rested and hydrated ready for the 2nd !!

Don't actually know where Catforth is...............other than near Preston somewhere (deduced from the Post Code!)

19/11/2010 at 20:08
bbp - it`s, well, in the middle of nowhere! nice little place though!
21/11/2010 at 05:52
Absolutely gutted.

Just got my number, woohoo, but now it looks like I may be working!!!
Not an excuse as my work takes me all over the world, currently in China.

Doesn't matter how much you plan.....aaaahhhhhhhh.

Fingers crossed I can still make it.

If not then all the best to everyone who runs.
24/11/2010 at 19:43

Unlucky Scott.

I entered last night. Hope the weather is like it was second time around last year not that black ice nightmare. Not sure whether I`ll be `racing` or `taking part` but we`ll see how training goes and how the Xmas Xcesses go!

25/11/2010 at 21:22

Do you think there will be entries on the day?

I couldnt make the rearranged date last year after the first one was off

25/11/2010 at 21:54
I`d guess it`d be sold out this year as it`s a very small field in a time when there`s not many races about and lots of us daft runners!
10/12/2010 at 20:37
Got my number yesterday. Good motivation to keep going through the bad weather. Want to beat my time from last year!
10/12/2010 at 20:46
All is not lost. Apparently, my return trip may have been delayed by a month or so, game on for the run!!!

My number arrived a few weeks ago, sweet, and I agree with the egyptian, good motivation.

Not many places left to join the run apparently so if you are sitting on the fence it's time to fall on the right side and go for it.

21 to 40 of 156 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.