Central Lancashire New Year Half Marathon

81 to 100 of 156 messages
28/12/2010 at 20:27

Brian....think you know that most of us appreciate what you do to give us the opportunity to run in these races. Having moved from the Midlands to the North...can tell you....that you and the other folks do a great job....near perfect is good enough! I find putting your energy into the positive people is the most rewarding....let the moaners keep on moaning. It is what they are good at 

28/12/2010 at 21:02

Thanks for all the tips on what to do with little ones.   I will pass them onto Mr RL (currently babysitting) tomorrow....

RL

28/12/2010 at 21:46
Just 2miles back toward preston there is a pub called the saddle which has a good park and good food and drink dont think landlord would mind you using it I will check on thursday when Im in having lunch.
29/12/2010 at 07:34

Thanks Brian and Alan for the help.

I travel from Sheffield to in-laws in Preston to race as there`s more choice and many quality fields. So keep up the good work Brian, Billy Gardner, et al!

29/12/2010 at 11:04

Well done ET for mentioning Billy Gardner for the races he puts on and usually without a mention on here.

That could be a good sign

The race scene round here would be the the same without Billy.

29/12/2010 at 12:40

Think Keith means would NOT be the same without Billy

Keith got you message. You were right, but please don't go telling anyone

29/12/2010 at 17:48

I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine after I enquired as to the prospects of the race being on.

Not used the forum before but may I take this opportunity to say how useful the comments are and thank all you contributors.

I have not been to the race location previously, am based in Staffordshire, but looking forward to a good run.  

29/12/2010 at 18:19
brian porter wrote (see)

Think Keith means would NOT be the same without Billy

Keith got you message. You were right, but please don't go telling anyone

Thanks Brian for the help

Brain going faster than typing.

On the other question message received and understood.

29/12/2010 at 20:30

Hi All,

I know this event is full, but does anyone know if there is a reserves list or will it be worth turning up on the morning to see if anyone doesn't show? Really like to run this if possible. Thanks

29/12/2010 at 22:03
Just want to add my thanks to you Brian and the rest of the team that are involved in giving us the opportunity to participate in the run. It's obvious, but without your efforts, we simply wouldn't get the chance.

This will be my first time in this race and I'm looking forward to it.

STFC, you hit the nail on the head. Respect.

Up here in Windermere, it's all melting nicely, so fingers crossed for Sunday.
29/12/2010 at 23:21
John Wood 35 wrote (see)

I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine after I enquired as to the prospects of the race being on.

Not used the forum before but may I take this opportunity to say how useful the comments are and thank all you contributors.

I have not been to the race location previously, am based in Staffordshire, but looking forward to a good run.  

Welcome John and i hope you have a great run
30/12/2010 at 06:19
Forecast to be very cold, as it was in the February rerun last year. Fingers crossed!
30/12/2010 at 09:31

The weather over the last 2-3 days has been markedly better. The snow has gone from just about everywhere.

Forescast is for more warmer weather today (6 degrees) so that should remove any remaining snow and ice.

I'm meeting the organisers tomorrow. I'm only refereeing the race - it will be the organiser's decision as to whether the race goes ahead.

The forecast for Saturday night is to go below freezing (-1), and a cold day on Sunday.

30/12/2010 at 14:40
Paul Irwin 2 wrote (see)

Hi All,

I know this event is full, but does anyone know if there is a reserves list or will it be worth turning up on the morning to see if anyone doesn't show? Really like to run this if possible. Thanks

Paul Irwin -  You can have my number. I have decided, after a short run yesterday, that I haven't fully recovered from illness and it would be best to sit this race out. I am gutted!! But if you can make use of the number then that will make me feel sightly better.

Not sure how I will get the number to you but it is worth a try.

Please get in touch if you are interested. My email address is keahaha@yahoo.co.uk.

Edited: 30/12/2010 at 14:43
30/12/2010 at 15:40

Hello all

I will be travelling from Hull for the race, please could you advise of a post code for my sat nav that will be close to the start of the race.

Many thanks

30/12/2010 at 16:41

Hi Justin

This should help

Postcode is PR4 0HH

30/12/2010 at 18:17

Hello Brian

Many thanks

Justin

30/12/2010 at 19:21

My prediction is that, at the start of the race, Brian describes the course as a very hilly 15 miler!

btw he described Preston 10 (flat flat and flat) as a hilly 20 miler and Caldervale 10 (all hills) as very flat and quick!

30/12/2010 at 22:25

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to run this race as training for the VLM, however I have no place. Here are some questions which can help me:

1. As I am travelling up from the Wirral I don't want to waste a journey, so what are the chances of getting a place on the day?

2. What time should I get there if I wish to enter on the day?

3. Plan B- is there anyone willing to give up their number if they have decided not to run. Posting will be tricky due to the bank holiday so I would expect that I would pick up the number.

Sean 

31/12/2010 at 09:10

Those are interesting points.

How does the entry system work for this race? The Race Full notice has been in place for a couple of weeks but some websites declare that there is entry on the day. Is that not a contradiction? It is either full or there are places available.

As far as I can see runners have been unable to pay £16/£18 for entry over the last couple of weeks but can pay £18/£20 on the day. Intriguing.

81 to 100 of 156 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.