Central Lancashire New Year Half Marathon

101 to 120 of 156 messages
31/12/2010 at 10:50

Please, your comments are not helping anyone. I am not trying to criticise the organisation of the race so don't use my questions to turn it against the race organisers. I will repeat my post again to make that clear!

I'm looking to run this race as training for the VLM, however I have no place. Here are some questions which can help me:

1. As I am travelling up from the Wirral I don't want to waste a journey, so what are the chances of getting a place on the day?

2. What time should I get there if I wish to enter on the day?

3. Plan B- is there anyone willing to give up their number if they have decided not to run. Posting will be tricky due to the bank holiday so I would expect that I would pick up the number.

31/12/2010 at 11:55

Sean,

If you send me a message through this forum, I'll happily answer your question.

31/12/2010 at 11:59

Message from the Race Referee

I have meet the organiser this morning to check the safety of the course and I can confirm this race is going ahead.

The decision is based on the current condition of the course and the weather forecast that is currently available.

If we suddenly get a foot of snow on Saturday night we might have to review it, but let's all be positive now and look forward to a good day on Sunday.

Brian Porter

Race referee

Edited: 31/12/2010 at 12:00
31/12/2010 at 12:17
Excellent news Brian cheers for all your efforts its much appreciated
31/12/2010 at 12:20
Thanks Simon, but they're not my efforts. It's the labours of a lot of other people. I'm really just passing messages on. See you Sunday.
31/12/2010 at 12:24
Looking forward to it. Just done an easy 6. See you there!
31/12/2010 at 12:51

Hello

I have had to pull out due to injury.  My number would be available for the entry fee.

31/12/2010 at 14:04

Hi ICBINR,

I would be willing to get your number for the entry fee. What would be the best way to organise this.

Sean

31/12/2010 at 15:28

Hi Sean

I live in M8 area of Manchester. Just off several main, but busy road. You're welcome to pick the number up if it is feasible for you.  my email is /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]imrut@googlemail.com]simrut@googlemail.com.  I'll be clocking off from work very soon. 

31/12/2010 at 15:36

FAO ICBINR:

Thank you for the offer, however it may be too much of a trip to collect the number from Manchester before heading up to Preston. It's just a shame it is the bank holiday weekend otherwise I would have suggested posting it to me.

FAO Brian:

My message before was directed at SOUP's reply, which I felt was inappropriate and unjustified. Anyway could you please clarify my two questions below:

1. As I am travelling up from the Wirral I don't want to waste a journey, so what are the chances of getting a place on the day?

2. What time should I get there if I wish to enter on the day?

Thank you

31/12/2010 at 16:27
sean send a cheque to icbinr and give him your telephone number and you can get the race number and im sure the organisers will change details over for nothing or for the £2 on day fee.
31/12/2010 at 18:01

Was getting worried about this after the Ribble Valley 10k was called off earlier this week.

For those spectators looking for something to do, there is a pub just along the road from the village hall and only a couple of minutes walk away. Don't know the name of it, been a while since I did the Catforth 10k, can't guarantee if it will be open on Sunday either.

31/12/2010 at 19:20
Running pump but it has no child play area
31/12/2010 at 20:37

During the busy xmas time the misses has moved my bloody race number and it now workign nights ...

Do they have them already printed out so i can pickup my number again...... i can't even rememeber it as it was xmas eve which seems like months ago

31/12/2010 at 21:59
If you entered online or postal the race organiser will know your number and you may need to take a felt pen with you and an old race number to write it on hope that helps.
01/01/2011 at 09:44
Sean,

I'm in Wallasey and not planning to run due to injury/lack of training. You're welcome to my number if you're not already sorted.
01/01/2011 at 10:09

Thanks Alan .... i bin my old racing numbers thou....

I'll dig out one of the kids felts and fold some paper..... Hope it stays dry lol she still swears she's not moved it but it's not on the table where i left it !!............... i'll keep hunting but with all the toys cards blah blah needle and haystack spring to mind

Happy New Year

Edited: 01/01/2011 at 10:10
01/01/2011 at 11:34

Sean, if I were you I'd take up Carl's offer. If you get his number they will be able to do a transfer on the day.

UglyJes, please do not simply creat a new number from folded paper and a felt tip pen! Please speak to the organisers on Sunday. They will sort it.

01/01/2011 at 14:11

Yes I will take up Carl's offer.

Brian- Which details do you need from me.

Carl- my email address is /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]ean.britton@hotmail.co.uk]sean.britton@hotmail.co.uk. Could you email me your details and I'll come and collect the number at some point this afternoon.

Thanks everyone

Sean

01/01/2011 at 17:18

Hi Carl,

I'm still awaiting your response. I would be more than happy to take your place in this race. Would I be able to come and collect the race number from you soon? Could you send me your details to /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]ean.britton@hotmail.co.uk]sean.britton@hotmail.co.uk.

Thank you

Sean

101 to 120 of 156 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.