Central Lancashire New Year Half Marathon

141 to 156 of 156 messages
03/01/2011 at 09:54
Not surprised to see only 230 odd finishers from 350 (?) entrants as lots will have entered, not trained and then dns on the day but, did imagine it,or could you eod for £15 which was cheaper than advance?
03/01/2011 at 10:40
Great way to work off the excesses of the festive period, 1st ever 1/2. Thanks to all the organisers, marshalls etc. Any pictures up anywhere? Saw a photographer on the finish line, local rag??
03/01/2011 at 11:40
Well organised, thanks to all the hard work of the marshalls and organisers. The sports massage afterwards was a real treat thanks to those guys. Managed 5 mins off the PB too! Recommended +++.
Dewi - google Mickhall photos and follow the links to road races and youll find the photos. Mines an absolute shocker.
03/01/2011 at 12:02
Thanks for that breadcrumbs, quite happy with mine
03/01/2011 at 15:37

Well done to the organisors.The bacon butties and coffee in the centre were ace...thanks to the lasses feeding us all.

Enjoyed the race..nice to have a quiet time running rather than the masses of the GNR to trip over.

Might come back next year...okay I will...one moan can the water stations be at 9 mile instead of roughly 11 miles...the signs promised us drinks from mile 8..which wound me up at bit..

Thanks anyway lovely folk...and isn't it posh and nice around Catforth?

03/01/2011 at 22:10

Richard - hope the fundraising went well.  Good for you! If it's any consolation I went straight to the massage people straight after the race!!  Thanks again for the motivation and you weren't being rude at all !

The only reason I managed to overtake you was because Green day 'American idiot' followed by Blur came on the iPod - my legs were shot!
03/01/2011 at 22:47
Game on runninglinds,,,,,,sure I saw you, very well done
04/01/2011 at 07:27
Just had a closer look at the results and realise it was you, Brian, telling me to chase down the lady in front of me in the last half mile!
I didn't have the energy to turn around and tell you that I wasn't meant to be racing and was only out for a potter.

Does anyone know if the poor chap being rather sick around 9 and a half miles made it in OK?
bburn plO.dder    pirate
04/01/2011 at 10:27

Great race, enjoyed it very much .

Sounds like I was around you too Frodo. The red "Moore 6"  (hi Richard ) was just ahead of me for a good while, but I lost sight of you towards the end.

I was recovering from Xmas chesty cold germs, and hadn't run for nearly 3 weeks, so I definitely wasn't racing (nowhere near a PB!!), but that made it all the more enjoyable. No pressure.

I saw the poor chap struggling and being sick towards the end, hope he made it back OK.

if anybody was near me, I was the misguided runners who was told to cross-over onto the pavement on the rhs (at about 12-13miles), and then switched back again after being reminded that road races are always stick left (I knew that really, just lemming mentality of doing as I'm told!!).

One minor gripe, perhaps more than one ladies loo.........otherwise a perfectly organised fab race, I'll definitely be back next year.

04/01/2011 at 12:24

Hiya, BB

It was you that Brian was encouraging me to race!

I was just as bad, I followed you when that guy told us to run on the right. I tell you, that swerve from left to right to left really felt like it added an extra half mile on at that particular point, even though it could only have been a couple of yards

04/01/2011 at 12:30
I had fun trying to track down a fella in black and a Wesham lass both of whom were ahead of me until about 9 miles. Then I got past the bloke after a brief chat and then past the lady at about 11. As I was passing 2 blokes at 12 miles, they said `we`ll be just over 1:40` and that spured me on to beat it by a few seconds in a final sprint.

Don`t forget to rate this race folks ; it deserves credit imo.
bburn plO.dder    pirate
04/01/2011 at 12:53

Frodo, glad it wasn't just me swerving from left to right and left again, I remember thinking knowing my bloody luck I'll get run over criss-crossing the road .

04/01/2011 at 16:56

Glad to be of assistance Frodo.

Bburn plodder: it was me who told you to stick to the left.

The guy who told us to cross was nothing to do with the race - he was just interfering. I dealt with him later in much the same way as the impatient driver

04/01/2011 at 17:23

I saw you give some bloke a bollocking at the end of the race.

I wondered if it was that soup fella

04/01/2011 at 21:47

Frodo & BB - I was a bit of a lemming too !  I'm sure I was probably following you guys around for a bit so thanks to you too.  Being a lone wolf when out running (no club..... yet) It was nice to run with other people and not struggle.  It was a real confidence boost and a lovely way to start 2011.  Getting all misty eyed thinking about it!  It was only my 2nd HM, first being the GNR in 2001, which i did in 2h30 so i smashed my PB, hence the over excitedness!

Brian - you had your work cut out with disgruntled drivers and rogue direction givers!!!

Sorry to hear about the guy being sick, when I passed him & asked if he was ok he said it was his stomach.  Hope he's feeling better now, he was doing so well for ages.

04/01/2011 at 22:22
Linds - Sounds familiar:

'lone wolf' runner - check
nice to run with other people and not struggle - check
2nd HM - check
smashed PB - check

I think I found myself tagging along behind the right person!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 156 of 156 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.