Central Lancashire New Year Half Marathon

New venue 80% same route as previous years

1 to 20 of 37 messages
02/12/2013 at 08:24

New for 2014 Team race with £960 (4 x £240 each)  first prize 3 male & 1 female runners to count. teams in so far from South Cheshire Harriers, Bolton, Swinton RC, Steel City Striders, Accrington RR, Preston Harriers, Riversway Runners, Tyne bridge Harriers. 600 RACE LIMIT will soon be reached,

02/12/2013 at 16:12
Cash?
02/12/2013 at 18:15

Not allowed to give cash under UKA Rules. If cash would have to be $. The prize is better than cash, first three men & women in race may also get the same prizes, talking to sponsor

Edited: 02/12/2013 at 18:17
02/12/2013 at 22:31
But your post above states a pound sign which is miss advertising and you may get people entering under false pretenses. So if you are not giving cash then you should let people know if it is vouchers for sports wear or for say having your portrait taken at a studio? just let people know.
03/12/2013 at 06:19

Thank you. You know the prizes are to the value of. We are now reverting back to high street shopping vouchers for this event and giving 25 spot prizes of the £240 ,studio family portrait vouchers at a top Studio, superb prizes, we think this is fare to all

Edited: 03/12/2013 at 06:39
03/12/2013 at 08:47

When I read the opening post I assumed the prizes would be cash. I am never near any prizes so not aware this isn't allowed. Agree with Alan that you should be more careful with this type of post in teh future, very misleading.

03/12/2013 at 09:15

Thanks Maxpowet NW agree, but they really are super prizes, maybe giving them as spot prizes gives you and many others a shout

03/12/2013 at 11:16

Given I usually run this race between 1:40 and 1:45 I would say the spot prize is my only chance of a prize

For third year running I am doing this and Inskip as a double header training boast! Great races.

03/12/2013 at 12:46

I'm never going to be in the prizes, but I certainly wouldn't be tempted a studio family portrait thanks! :-O

Therefore no, these prizes are NOT better than cash!  How can they be?

Edited: 03/12/2013 at 12:48
04/12/2013 at 06:49
Dont know Wilkie just think with photo shop today they could put you coming up to the finish at london with the clock showing 2h 15mins great stuff
04/12/2013 at 20:12

Never knew this. So what races are organisers allowed to award cash for?

04/12/2013 at 20:47

Am doing this again, enjoyed it last year and was a nice way to kick the year off.

05/12/2013 at 11:55

Bloody hell, always wanted a family portrait. Preferably in black and white, strolling barefoot through leaves and smiling wistfully.

Going to have to ramp up the training for this.

08/12/2013 at 14:59
Well I must say sorry to all on runners world for making a race organiser tell people what he was advertising was false and to be truthfull with runners and not underhand.
As I was informed by rocket ron today not to air my dirty washing in public and he didnt know weather to shack my hand or not because he didnt know which sewer I came from.
If the truth is wrong then I am guilty and I come from the land and not the sewer as rocket said and rats live in the sewer and most sewers run out to the see just where rocket has most of his races.
08/12/2013 at 19:00

Some things never change Alan!

08/12/2013 at 21:09

Mr Taylor, you have entry forms out for a half marathon in April  Valiants Half stating that it is pancake flat and accurately measured, the course has not been measured true or not, is at a case of double standards and misleading to the public, I gather Paul Walsh is measuring it in the New year. When I spoke to you today I merely stated that it was wrong to start threads critising other events. I was informed that you were a sewer/drain man at work, a very difficult job especially this time of year, someone has to do these thing thankfully. What is a shack of hand, new one on me

08/12/2013 at 21:35
Ron's Vanished, and for those who did read his last reply, Yes the Valiants half does say pancake flat and accurately measured and will be measured as soon as the course measurer can do it. I dont measure my own courses and need to wait till a kind retired gentleman who does it in his spare time can do it for me.
08/12/2013 at 22:11

Marvelous, keep up the good work, threads really work to keep evenjts ticking along so long as you keep feeding  them, vanished, were too? keep up the good work

09/12/2013 at 07:35

Alan no one suggested you measure your own courses, this is not allowed. We are very short of course measurers in the North West, if you fancy being trained up for one contact Brian Porter. Paul Walsh is a good course measurer and has time to do the job, I fit measures in throughout the North between other commitments outside the sport, also a retired gentleman but other things take priority sometimes, golfing fanatic mainly in my aged years,  it's good fun really

10/12/2013 at 07:56
As a matter of interest (since I won't be winning any huge cash prizes) why aren't you allowed to award cash? Clearly other races do - does the race have to be affiliated to something or other in order for it to be allowed ?
1 to 20 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.