Charity Trail 5

first time for everything...........

21 to 37 of 37 messages
27/12/2004 at 20:02
also, will it be obvious where to go when we get to the park? (starting to panic!)
27/12/2004 at 20:15
Stop panicking Ali, Radcliffe's races are very well organised! Don't remember there being anywhere to leave your stuff other than in cars but car park is near the start. You'll be directed to the car park then there's a walk back to race hq which is in the bar, toilets and registration will be there. Say hello if you see me, think my no is on here somewhere, 605??
28/12/2004 at 14:26
Mud, mud, glorious Mud!

Whilst it was very wet I enjoyed this one. The weirdest thing was the foot bridge over the motorway; it went all spongy part way across. Was this that phenomena that the Romans used to know about where they broke march to cross bridges?

My first ever trail run and whilst it was difficult just in trainers, I enjoyed the experience.

Hope plenty of money was raised for Christies.
28/12/2004 at 14:46
thanks for your help Barbara. Really enjoyed this but was SO hard with all the mud! feel good now though - ready for big cup of tea, slab of christmas cake and hot bath1
28/12/2004 at 15:00
Fantastic race!! Wonderful mud and knee deep puddles! Glad you enjoyed it Ali and Flatters, look out for the 12 mile trail race in February, 28th I think. Flatters,going over that bridge makes me feel queasy, very weird sensation.
28/12/2004 at 16:20
Nice to see you again Barbara and good to meet Monique, whose name I know well from many threads in these forums.

Well that race was fun! I don't do many off-road runs but I think I might do a few more. Obviously even slow & steady types like me can enjoy it. Hard work but very satisfying.

I got lucky in the prizes too. Coming in 90th paid off! (All part of the tactics)
28/12/2004 at 16:37
Hi HB, bit of a baptism of fire for you, they don't come much muddier than that! You'd enjoy the 12 miler in Feb, 4 weeks after Tough Guy. Saw you get your prize, I picked up a very nice vegetable steamer for mine.
28/12/2004 at 16:45
Another runner mentioned the 12-miler. I am definitely thinking of doing it. I do a race most weekends but that I have not got anything in my diary for that weekend at the moment. I just need to track down the full details.

Right now though I am off to see whether I can get my feet back to their original colour! I think I have joined the Blackfeet tribe.
28/12/2004 at 16:58
HB, it doesn't seem to be listed on here but I'm sure it's in the RW mag listings, it'll be 27th Feb.
28/12/2004 at 17:11
see my site for details of the 12 miler - it's also race 2 in my 2005 Challenge series.

click here for 2005 calendar
28/12/2004 at 17:13
Thanks UKRM!
28/12/2004 at 17:19
Yes thanks UKRM.

I have just got the mud out of my toenails but I was planning to wash them again at the end of February anyway!
28/12/2004 at 20:17
hope you all got your results ok today - I'm still waiting for Vince to email the race files across to me so that I can add these to my site - I guess he's gone off to visit relatives or something, hence the unusual delay!
28/12/2004 at 22:44
Now got the results - Vince has got back from work! If you didn't pick up a copy at the race, you can find them by clicking here
28/12/2004 at 22:45
sorry - click here! - chronic brain fade......
29/12/2004 at 09:13
thanks ukrm - brilliant again! (you, not my results, although I'm quite pleased with those too!)
04/01/2005 at 09:48
That was fun - very wet and muddy, great! Thank you Barbara for the advice about shoes and ukresultsman for the pointer to the results on the Web. My wife and her mother had spent quite long enough sitting in a wet car park so I sloped off quickly without getting the results at the race...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.