Cheshire Triathlon

Let's see if we can Piratise it more than last year!

21 to 27 of 27 messages
26/02/2011 at 18:26
I'll come along and cheer

(Curious to see what this tri lark is all about... )
LIVERBIRD    pirate
26/02/2011 at 18:30

*uses the secret call to alert the pirates to a potential new recruit*

26/02/2011 at 18:33

<waits for vulchers to start circling>

Oh Frodo - what have you said??   

26/02/2011 at 18:34
No secret call needed, LB - I'm sure I've been outed already

I already cycle to work but I cannot swim for toffee, and I'm broke. So I am loitering until either of these problems resolve. I did try to teach myself front crawl over the last couple of days, and it went quite well
26/02/2011 at 18:44

Look forward to meeting you there Frodo.  Can you swim breast stroke?  You might be able to manage 500m by May if you mix up a bit of breast stroke with front crawl, or you might be able to do it all crawl if you are quick learner.  Its a very newbie friendly event with no pressure on finish time which is why I love it.  If you look at past results you will see that there are plenty of slow swimmers. 

Edit - I did my first 2 tris all breast stroke and wasn't last at either of them. I wasn't the only one either and at Stratford one man walked bits of the swim.  Yes, walked the swim. 

Edited: 26/02/2011 at 18:45
26/02/2011 at 18:47
I haven't ruled out entering - but I currently have the Sandstone Trail 33miler in the diary for the Saturday. I don't think attempting my first tri the day after would be wise but, if that doesn't happen for any reason, I may come along to play properly. Should know for definite in the next couple of weeks
26/02/2011 at 19:03
Sounds sensible Frodo.    Good luck on the 33 miler - eek. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.