Chicago marathon 2014

41 to 50 of 50 messages
08/06/2014 at 14:05
I take it they will use my qualifying time if i was a time qualifier. Maybe I'm giving credit where it is not due
30/06/2014 at 21:51

Right that's the last nights entertainment sorted.  Ice hockey ticket bought for the United Centre on the Wednesday night after the race.  I don't fly home until the Thursday.  Holiday feels a wee bit closer now.  If only I could get some time off work to get some training in.......

01/07/2014 at 13:08

I'm back, glad to see the thread is still alive

Started my 18 week P&F plan the other week but my Bullock Smithy reccing is getting in the way of my flat long runs, it's all hills in the Peak District

Ran the Yorkshire 3 Peaks last weekend, fantastic event.

Got my first 14 mile tempo run on Wednesday so that should give me an idea of where I am fitness wise

Best of luck with your training

06/07/2014 at 19:33
Well another 6 day week with next to no time to run has been and gone. Managed 5 miles at 10 o'clock on tuesday (thank god for daylight until 11 o'clock at the moment), 12 on thursday night ( didn't mean to go that far but at the point i was planning a handbreak u turn i ran into someone i worked with and thought it would look antisocial to turn round 10 yards short or weird to turn round 10 yards after her and her doag). Ended up going all the way to castle and 2 miles further. That didn't really help 16 hot, hilly and breezy miles. I'm getting slower by the week!!!

Hope your training is all going better
11/07/2014 at 19:22
Yawn!!!!!!

I am absolutely knackered and my running is getting worse by the run. Contemplating a long run after an 8 hour shift tomorrow as that would allow me to spend the majority of sunday's 24 hours horizontal!!!!
14/07/2014 at 21:34
I'm on runners world. There must a vast empty space in my life that has emerged since the end of the world cup. I might get an early night some day soon!!!
18/07/2014 at 20:17
Dundee half marathon this sunday. Should be nothing like chicago. Can't believe this will be the 10th time I have run this race A it seems to be a surprise that i have been running it for so long and B its really not worth running that much its a pretty rank race!!!
19/07/2014 at 11:34

Good luck with that tomorrow. Should be a good indicator of where you are at for Chicago. I have a slightly smaller race than you, a 5 miler, so looking for a bit of speed work. Hopefull my legs will play ball in the morning. Just been out for a lovely 2 hour jog and luckily avoided all rain. Still bloomin humid mind you. Its raining now though and looks set in for the rest of the day.

20/07/2014 at 13:36
Indicator result....... Miles off it. 1:35 which was 9 mins slower than last year. Hope you had a better race than I did marty!!!
20/07/2014 at 20:30

At least there is still time for an improvement though. And what was the weather like, hot and humid? since that will add a few minutes here and there. Still sounds like a solid time to me though...And you probably didn't taper either?

As for my 5 mile race. Well was 5.8 in the end due to an accident on the course prior to the start. It was quickly re-routed and we were told it was about 5 miles (ish!!). First race i have ever run where i had no clue as to where the finish was!! Pushed soon after 4 miles to try and catch a guy in front thinking the finish was soon only to discover it was a bout 1.5 miles away!! Oh well. Finish time was 37.01 for 4th place and 3rd senior male. Sitting here pleasently chuffed

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 50 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.