Chicago marathon 2014

81 to 91 of 91 messages
22/09/2014 at 22:24

It has just been a bit quiet Jon!!!!!

Nothing in the post or by e-mail yet Alan don't panic

How do you just go for a 7 mile detour?  where the hell did you go?.  If you just vanished into the bushes folk must have been thinking you were going for the most discrete pish in running history.  I bet the bloke that was right behind you and followed you for seven miles was a bit hacked off.  Folk must have thought you ran the negative split to beat all negative splits the way you finished the race lol.

Got a 20 miler in on sunday morning before going to Dens to watch the Dundee derby.  After a 4-1 defeat I can honestly say the 20 mile run was the least painful of the two activities!!!!

I am looking forward to my gangsta tour

23/09/2014 at 09:27

Luckily the way the course was set up you would have been stupid to follow me!  I moved to the opposite side of the road well before I took my detour to make sure there were no followers.  I took a left at a cross road, did a 3.5mile out and back and rejoined where I left.....to an empty course.  I said to the marshal I was just off to do a bit extra, she thought I was joking and laughed at me.  

I had an email this morning, they have run out of money and can't afford to post us the race pack so we have to download it off the website.  The link to the English version is below but I am sure they will have it in Scottish if you ask

http://assets.chicagomarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2014-Bank-of-America-Chicago-Marathon-participant-guide_WEB.pdf 

I hope your printer has plenty of ink. 

28/09/2014 at 21:10
Hells bloody bells that was a tough really long run today. Thank got taper time is here at last I have properly ran out of steam.

2 weeks to go and on the upside the temperatures look like they are starting to drop a bit and I can't run much worse than i did today!!!
30/09/2014 at 12:36

I spend 15 weeks of training looking forward to the taper and now I am here, I am wishing my time away!  NY Knicks tickets booked.

30/09/2014 at 22:05

Excellent I'm glad you got a ticket for something. Who are the knickerbockers playing?

06/10/2014 at 14:22

Toronto Raptors - I didn't know Canadians played basketball.  May they will come on wearing ice skates and a lot of padding.

06/10/2014 at 19:49

Woo hoo, counting down the days till i fly. Hope everyone is still in one piece and raring to go. I cant wait to see Chicago and what it has to offer.

Have a good run everyone...

08/10/2014 at 02:49

I arrived yesterday. So far weather has been pretty good. Like a sunny Autumn UK day. Did a 10k this evening along the shore of the lake along with half of Chicago it seemed.  If anybody is looking to do a last minute tune-up run Nike Town do an organised jog from their Michigan Ave store on Thursday evenings from 18.30. Distances are 3,5 & 7 miles. I think I'll probably attend. Maybe see some of you there? If not, pen B on Sunday. Safe travels all. 

08/10/2014 at 11:48
Hello All, looking for last minute accommodation. Arriving Thurs/Fri leaving Mon.
14/10/2014 at 20:58

Safely home after a fantastic event, loved every minute of it.

2.56.10 for me

15/10/2014 at 11:18

Back home for me as well. Simply beautifull city and amazing race. Probably one of the best i have done. I did 4.04.12, nice and chilled and evjoyed every minute of it!!

Nice running jonah8. Certainly a fast course and perfect weather conditions which you clearly took full advantage of. Nice one

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 91 of 91 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.