chip timings

3 messages
28/10/2012 at 19:11

Hi all

Just wondering if someone in the know can explain something to me.Ive just run the GSR.My training partner started the race a good 5 seconds in front of me,we ran the race together and crossed the line at exactly the same moment but our timings say he beat me by 600th of a second.So what happened to the 5 seconds he started in front of me,to my reckoning my time should have been quicker than his cos we crossed the line at exactly the same time,am i making sense lol

28/10/2012 at 19:29
Andy are you sure you're not seeing seconds not hundredths of a second? I dont think chip times are givent to tenths let alone hundredths?

Usually hours:minutes : seconds
Edited: 28/10/2012 at 19:30
28/10/2012 at 19:47

I stand corrected Mr Puffy.My time was 1.38.08 and my training partner was 1.38.02 so the difference was 6 seconds.............just had a thought!!,my training partner had both envelopes containing the timing chips sent to his address,the organisers have put the wrong timing chip in the wrong envelopes so I was wearing his and he mine,that can be the only explanation,really pissed about it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.