City Of Salford Women's 5.25

Anyone up for this?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
27/11/2009 at 14:41

This will be the 3rd time i will have done this race - although previously i did it with a friend (who no longer runs) so will be a big test for me to force myself out of bed on sunday just to do it on my own.

its a good course and it is a really mixed bag of runners. times for last year went from 31mins to an 1hour and 15mins for the 8.4km (like to work things out in km as it sounds further to me!!!)

And to be honest the hill at the end isnt too bad.....the one in the middle is much worse!

All in all its an ideal one for those who have done 5km and wanting to complete a 10km. Its not dead flat but at least its on tarmac/pavements so should'nt get too filthy in the rain!

29/11/2009 at 14:09

Well I managed to do it in about 57 minutes this year and am very pleased with that.

Congratulations to all the fabulous women who participated, well done, you should be very proud xx

29/11/2009 at 15:39
well done sharen!!! i think i was 51 or 52 mins not too sure are there any results up yet??? i was freezing after i had to thaw out in the shower. i enjoyed it tho, might have to look at a ten k next. x
29/11/2009 at 15:45
Aimee Shaw wrote (see)
 are there any results up yet???
Here
29/11/2009 at 17:26
Well done Aimee, you did fantastic.  I know what you mean about the cold and the rain didn't help either.  Was good though
29/11/2009 at 22:24
Hey well done all of you - I did it in 51.59 - it was very cold and wet - came 3rd LV65 so very pleased here's to next year

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.