Clarendon Marathon (Salisbury to Winchester) 2012

21 to 30 of 30 messages
29/09/2012 at 17:52

From mile 18 to 25 I use (each mile) 2 or 3 Lucozade energy Glucose tabs chased by a few sips of water.  Boots sell em.  Used the same stuff to boost my energy levels when finishing climbing mount Kilimanjaro.  I don't use em earlier because they may cause an energy high followed by a dip which requires more glucose. Too much can give you the runs (excuse the pun!)  

01/10/2012 at 13:38

Anyone local know what the trail conditions for the half course are like and recommendations for footwear?

03/10/2012 at 18:22

Oh crap! I should have checked the trains earlier as I haven't done this since 2010 when it was possible to get a train and a taxi to the start on time.

Is anyone (Roxy?) coming down from London with space in their car for a small one? Happy to pay petrol.

04/10/2012 at 20:15

Winchester Radio will be covering this event!  Looking to talk to runners at the start line and at intermediate points, with live coverage of the finish. After all the rain we are expecting conditions will be muddy off road, although weather for Sunday looks OK and Saturday would have been dry.

Look out for us!!   WHR

04/10/2012 at 20:23

Haven't received any info regarding the race apart from an email confirming my entry.

Is this correct? Do i just turn up and give my name at the registration?  Any further information would be much appreciated.

04/10/2012 at 22:29

Hi Phil

I hadn't received anything so e-mailed earlier tonight and they had my e-mail address wrong. Got sent my bus pass and i letter with a few final details.

In a nut shell yes turn up and register but if you have booked a bus you should have received a pass by now.

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 22:30
07/10/2012 at 20:34

Enjoyed the half marathon today,found it tough but it was very well organised with lots of encouragement along the way,last mile was hard as very tired but happy with 1.42...good workout...respect to the marathon runners..theres alot easier out there.

Well done to all,and thanks for good race...maybe next year...time fades the memories..lol.

07/10/2012 at 22:01
Hi ya jarhead, wow 1.42 good effort! i was there today for the full and have to say the second half of the course was a killer!
Like you, I have to praise the marshalls and the organisation, great support!
Although I was a bit disapointed with the goody bag at the end! And OMG were those chowers cold!
Does anyone know when the chip times and photos come out?
thanks
08/10/2012 at 10:50

Great race - I really enjoyed the half, 1:36.  Respect to anyone who took on the full mara.  Results here - http://www.fullonsport.co.uk/fos/index.php?module=results

09/10/2012 at 10:06

Fabulous event......so glad I did it. Did the full and one I would most certainly go back to another year. I do like these events where you have relay teams and then a half also going one. Lots of great encouragement at switch over points and 'fresh' runners to keep you going.

Well done everyone who did whatever they did on Sunday. Lovely day, great company, fabulous event.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.