Cliveden x-country - Dec 28

Traditionally held on the coldest day of the year

3 messages
07/10/2009 at 14:17

Cliveden is now open for business.

Just booked my place in this great post-Christmas plod. It sells out pretty quickly usually.

Well worth doing. It's always cold, and there's a famous staircase up the hillside plus very slippery slopes. But it's always a laugh, and a great way to blow away the Xmas over-indulgence. 

07/10/2009 at 19:31
I've also entered. Hoping it will help motivate me to not go completely off the rails over Christmas. Not looking forward to the hills though.
07/10/2009 at 21:41
Don't worry Yorkie, it's quite a laid-back affair given the time of year. The well-known hill is actually a series of wide steps. It is steep though, and you go up it twice. It isn't easy, but the race has a great atmosphere, probably because of the time of year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.