Cliveden XC

Welcome

9 messages
04/11/2011 at 18:54

There were doubters, but Cliveden XC is returning to its home this year, welcome.

First the small print:

"Please note that the race has been cancelled in recent years, due to adverse weather conditions. The National Trust reserve the right to close Cliveden for safety reasons should adverse conditions again disrupt the event. A reserve date of 15th January has already been arranged with the Cliveden National Trust, in case the 2nd January event has to be called off.  These possible closures are outside the control of Burnham Joggers and if this should occur on both the 2nd January & 15th January then the entry fee will, regrettably, be non-refundable. By entering the event you agree that should this occur any surplus be donated to local charities of Burnham Joggers choice."

Best put both dates in your diary just in case, although we can hope that the weather is kinder this year, just soft enough going to make it interesting. Look forward to seeing you in the new year!

callen
Burnham Joggers

17/12/2011 at 23:05

Hi,

Is the course suitable for spikes?

Thanks

18/12/2011 at 11:04

The entry form says "no spikes permitted". I know from previous years race instructions this is a requirement of the National Trust. 

Fell running shoes or trail shoes with deep lugs are ideal.  I've seen some fast times in previous years by runners wearing road shoes, but some of the twists and turns through the woods and on the steep downhills must have been pretty hairy for them!

20/12/2011 at 23:04

Weather's looking good and we still have space so...

Entry deadline extended to Thursday 22nd December.

Late entries WILL be available on the day, £2 surcharge. But don't leave it too late!

callen
Burnham Joggers

21/12/2011 at 08:22

I'm in - just.

Only done this once before in about 2004.

21/12/2011 at 18:49

Ahhhh, takes me back. Must be 10 years now. Looking forward to it..... I think? (might seem quite a bit tougher now I'm a Vet!)

Beautiful venue. If in two minds, take the plunge 

23/12/2011 at 13:48
Missed the deadline to enter in advance, will it still be possible to enter on the day? Not done any XC for a good few years now but want to get back into it. Thanks. Lee
24/12/2011 at 13:56
ditto. didn;t see the deadline but would be interested
24/12/2011 at 17:26

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. There will be entries on the day but with a £2 surcharge.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks

Tristan

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.