Clowne Half-Marathon 2012

21 to 31 of 31 messages
20/11/2012 at 22:28

Hi all, I'm running this at the weekend, PB potential? Not sure how I'll fair, haven't ran over 10miles since Marathon since early Oct, should be okay! Hoping for sub 1:30

Keep Plodding On    pirate
20/11/2012 at 23:17

Bluemoon - its an undulating course, its strange as there are easier courses nearby (worksop for example) but personally I always run faster at Clowne than the other local courses.

I also haven't run properly since Liverpool Marathon so I'm hoping for a reasonable time on Sunday.

22/11/2012 at 11:39

Bluemoon - depends where your PB is. If it's on the flat then no, this is not PB potential. Not good if you needs some miles to get going either as there is a constant climb for the first 3 miles. This will be my forth time on this one. Not sure what brings me back as i don't overly like the hills. There is obviously something that draws me back but I can't put my finger on it. Good luck with sub 1:30...I'll be hoping for sub 2:15!

23/11/2012 at 10:27

For those that know the course, is their a chance any of it could be flooded? It's forecast heavy rain all night on Saturday!

23/11/2012 at 11:01

No idea Gavin. It is a bit up and down so I guess there could be a bit of water in the dips ? Wont you be running if it's bad weather ?

23/11/2012 at 12:41

I'll still run it, I'm use to it now, ran the Marlow Half a few weeks and most of the course was underwater!

23/11/2012 at 19:38

How is the event timed? I was expecting chip timing as most events are but there's no mention of this in the race information pack nor did I receive a chip.

23/11/2012 at 22:32

Got a reply from race organiser Les Banton:

Hi Paul,
Our race is manual timed, it always has been. This also keeps the cost of entry fees down. On average it costs between £2 and £3 per chip which has to be passed on to the runners.
See you Sunday,

Les

23/11/2012 at 23:07

Good race, well organised, haven't run it for a number of years as normally in Benidorm where it is a bit warmer but well worth the money

24/11/2012 at 21:09

Hi, does anyone know if this race is still going ahead in the morning? I keep checking the website for any updates but nothing so far. I know a few roads where I live have been closed off due to flooding already .

25/11/2012 at 20:27

tough race today    got 1h37   that wind did not help    however  great race and will be back next year    can the showers be booked to be hot aswell   cold this time

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.