CLUB WEBSITE: New Functions

Have a look and see what has changed

18 messages
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
21/10/2002 at 17:38
There is now no need to add lots of threads to the "Events forum".

If you are going to a race you can add all the information currently being posted on the events forum on our own website. Information such as Race Number and Estimated Times can be added to the Race information. You can also see who will be aiming for the same time as you so you can make your own pacing groups.

All this information is in easy to read format. Just keep the website up to date with your details and info.

The layout of the pages has changed hope you like them better. Recommended min screeen resolution is 1024 * 768.

Any problems let me know

Click here

SB
21/10/2002 at 18:35
Nice one SB - I've updated my logged races that I have numbers for !!!

The format is fine.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/10/2002 at 21:16
SB the format is great (especially as I already use that resolution!)
Much easier with the altered frames too!
Think the adding functionality is brilliant but I still posted in events just to see who is doing the Tadley Xmas XC run anyway afetr I added it to the site!
BK
21/10/2002 at 21:31
Nice one SB. A lot easier to read and use
22/10/2002 at 13:45
Too hard for me
22/10/2002 at 15:03
What is too hard Freaky?
22/10/2002 at 15:20
Well using the training log for a start
22/10/2002 at 16:59
so what would you like to have there? tell me what would make it better for you?
22/10/2002 at 17:50
Question: why, when I access the website, do I get two completely irrelevant advertising-type pages come up each time a click on something? Is there anyway to stop it happening?
22/10/2002 at 21:50
Well I am, obviously, a moron but whatever I type in it doesn't like. Should i have a grid reference or possibly lines of latitude or longitude in short I require a training manual or online help.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/10/2002 at 21:59
Sassie I suspect the guys have managed to get free/cheap space and as a result you get the adverts!

Still worth the hassle!! Well done!!

I would like some beginners training plans if anyone is doing/done one.
also info on say HRM or optimising running to aid weight lose etc
22/10/2002 at 22:08
Tip for the adverts - just ignore them and don't close the windows until you leave the site. If you close the windows new ones will pop up, whereas if you leave them be they'll stay behind the active window out of the way.

It's a bit of a hassle, but given that it means the site can be hosted for free it seems worth it.
23/10/2002 at 07:40
Sassie and EP

We do in deed have our website hosted free. I know the popups are are pain, but at the moment the club can not afford to pay for the sort of hosting we are currently getting free.

The pages that you see once you have logged into the website are created dynamically. That is they are created depending on who you are and what races you are going to and what the date is etc. This means that you are the only person who can update your details.

The HTML that your browser shows is created by the host computer that holds our beloved website.

To get these sorts of functions from other "non popup" hosting services would cost us arround £100 a month!!!

Sorry if they are a pain but I think we will have to live with this for the moment.

23/10/2002 at 07:42
Freaky,

I will see what I can do about a help for the training log. But the idea is simple, you store your routes in the training log (new route) then when you have done a training session select the route you followed and fill in the other details and all is stored for you.

The training log is very experimental and I will be interested to see what other people think, what they would like to see? would you like it to be public so we can all see what you are doing?
23/10/2002 at 09:39
Not this week as its half term and I'll be lucky to do 20m
23/10/2002 at 10:56
Have tried to put in my regular routes it will only let me log one and that it says it does not recognise and there is an error.
23/10/2002 at 11:07
can you send me the error please can you also send me what you are trying to put in. It will help me debug

Thanks

SB
23/10/2002 at 15:44
SB, it saysADODB. record set error '800aOccl' I can not delete or alter field or set any other routes.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
18 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.