Comrades

6 messages
29/05/2008 at 08:38

Hi - have a mad notion that I might set my sights on running the Comrades ultra next year. Have done a couple of marathons in last 6 months and looking for a new challenge.

Has anyone done it recently - if so what do you reckon? If it worth a go?

Also any views on which year to do it in an "up" or a "down"?

Thanks for any help - keith

31/05/2008 at 17:47
There's an article on it in the Runners World magazine this month - have you seen it? Sounds like a great thing to do - good luck if you go for it!
31/05/2008 at 20:08

Of course you should do it

It is truly an amazing event (12,000 people running 56 miles?!) and I think the feeling of elation at the end of any run is proportional to the amount of training needed and the length of the run - so in this case a great feeling!

It is, however, quite hard. 

31/05/2008 at 20:11

Thanks guys...cant believe I missed the article in this months runners world - as Homer would say Duh!

Must say I am very tempted....its the challenge element - doing something must people thing is stupid/undoable....

We shall see

31/05/2008 at 20:13
Doh! Homer say Doh!
01/06/2008 at 09:12

Double Doh!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.