Conwy Half Marathon

Best Half of the Year

21 to 25 of 25 messages
18/11/2012 at 22:27

Thinking of doing Chester Half next year after the brilliant experience at the marathon, would you recommend Colin ?

19/11/2012 at 00:46

I thought it was a very good and enjoyable race today, however if it were terible conditions i think it would have been a different story. We had to park a long way from the start and the wait at the end  for the t-shirt etc could have been a nightmare. The course was great as was the atmo, will be back next year hope the weather stays fine.

19/11/2012 at 08:31

Enjoyed the last three Chester Halves but probably as much to do with the fact I only live 11 miles away so no pre race problems getting to the start and family can come and meet me post race for lunch etc.  This years finish in town was good and the atmosphere at the end in the main shopping streets was bouncing helped by bags of haribo sweets for all finishers.  Haven't done the Chester full (or any full for that matter) but both events are organised by the same people.

19/11/2012 at 15:11

Conwy - great race, cracking course, good T's and medals and as G of the Bang points out, brilliant atmosphere. However, the parking needs more planning for next year as does the distribution of numbers and the T's/medals.

I left the A55 at 10.25, took 45 mins to park (about 1 mile from the start) had a long queue for number and like many, had a 20/25 minute wait at the end for T and medal. Luckily the weather was favourable, but a combination of a cool breeze and wet gear had me numb by the time I got back to the car.

It didn't spoil the day (a great race, some good banter and a well thrashed PB saw to that ) but it does need looking at for the future.

I will be back next year though, will just allow myself even more time!

20/11/2012 at 13:37

Great race, and new PB and got it under 1:40. 

As for the queue at the end, I think it was down to the fact that they had a lot of late entries and didn't have medals for everyone, so the only way to make sure the right people got the medals was by getting you to queue. I know last year they gave you your medal as you crossed the line. 

The new course kind of helped with the bottle necking, but it was still very congested until mile 3. 

But still great weather, good course, great place. Everytime I run in Wales on these events I always get a PB. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.