Copenhagen Marathon

Wonderful Wonderful Copenhagen

201 to 220 of 46,891 messages
13/11/2003 at 21:56

Only 2? Are you sure . . . . . . ?

Tapering? I'll be doing that on May the 15th . .

I've looked at a map of Richmond Park btw . . can't find Effing Hill anywhere!!!

Is a rainworm a pessimistic weather forecaster perhaps? Or a worm that only comes out in the rain? Or one that only comes out just before it rains so that's how you know it's going to rain? Which brings me back to the weather forecaster . . .

It's okay, I've called a cab . .
13/11/2003 at 22:39
Maybe one day CR and I will introduce you to the Effing Hill and then we can all go hunting for rainworms together.
Still only 2. They don't call me Lady Lucan The Opposite Of A Rainworm for nothing.
13/11/2003 at 22:45

But do you hunt for rainworms in the wet or in the dry?

Just had a huge bowl of the choccy ice cream I keep here for my daughter . . resistance was futile!!!! Consoled myself with the notion that it's mostly water . .

Lurve your new long name too . . it just trips off the tongue like a . . . well, like a rainworm really LOL . .

13/11/2003 at 22:50
I have no idea about best strategies for hunting rainworm. Maybe they only live in Denmark.Will consult CR in the morning.
13/11/2003 at 22:58

Good point!! Best ask the expert . . you might also find out if they're domestic creatures or do they just live in the wild, and if the latter what sort of habitat do they prefer (obviously not mountains, the lack of them is one of the the three facts I know about Denmark!!)

13/11/2003 at 22:59
And what are the other two?
13/11/2003 at 23:06

Well they're related to each other, so they may be just one BIG fact!!

That the national flag is the oldest in the world, and that it came down to the then Danish king from heaven before the start (I think) of a particularly significant battle.

I already knew the first two before Dublin race dady and CR told me of the heaven bit on the morning of the race. The bit about the battle I've read subsequently.

Oh, and I also know that people don't queue, that there isn't a word for "excuse me", and (straining to remember here) I don't think there's a word for please either. Or is it thank you? One of them I'm sure . . I obviously need to speed read a bit more of my CPH guidebook!!

So that's more than three isn't it?
13/11/2003 at 23:37

Sorry . . didn't mean to send you to sleep . . g'nite CPH . .

:-))
CR
14/11/2003 at 07:56
Too bad Ian isn't around anymore.
That was pretty much the summary he was looking for, I think!? LOL

P.s. I hate to tell you animal lovers, but "rainworms" usually only comes out in the rain and all too often end their sad lives on a hook...
OB
14/11/2003 at 09:10
I think the Danish for thank you is "tak" pronounced "tahg". At least that what I used when I was there and nobody told me any different!
14/11/2003 at 11:35
Quite right OB. So all we need to know now is the Danish for Rainworm and we're sorted.

I recommend a book called "Music and Silence" which is a novel set in Denmark during the reign of Christian IV. 17th Century I think. A lot of the interesting palaces and other monuments were constructed during his reign. It may be a bit girly for you Rich and OB but I'm sure it would give Mrs OB a taste for Copenhagen. It was shortlisted for the Whitbread Prize. I enjoyed it and so did CR's Mother-In-Law. Not sure about CR though.
CR
14/11/2003 at 12:13
Pathfinder,

I just realised, that I had left you out on the list. I'm sorry about that! Are you still here? You are very silent!!

Runners, who have entered
Ian Wood,
LL,
OB,
Pathfinder,
Rich,
Seaweed,
CR

Probables
Angelis,
Hoover,
Peppermint Hippo,
Plum?
Redhead
CR
14/11/2003 at 12:22
LL
Easy: "Rainworm" is "regnorm".

What I am curious to know is the English for that kind of bait.

And OB,
Tak skal du have! (tagh ska'du ha')
CR
14/11/2003 at 12:30
Too little music and too much silence. Fell asleep after page 2...
CR
14/11/2003 at 12:42
I can't wait. I am expecting a guest!
OB
14/11/2003 at 13:00
<Tak skal du have! (tagh ska'du ha')>

which means CR?

LL - re: "Music & Silence" for all you know I might be in touch with my feminine side! However, the less than ringing endorsement from CR suggests I probably won't bother! I can't speak for Rich though!

LL/CR - you two obviously already know each other. I'm nothing if not observant!
14/11/2003 at 13:03
Indeed we do OB! Why don't you give Music & Silence a go and then decide for yourself which of us to trust when it comes to books?
14/11/2003 at 13:04
I'm going to hazard a guess and translate as "Thanks, Health to You!"
14/11/2003 at 14:08

So now we're looking for two rainworms, one called Reg and one called Norm . . .

there's more to this than I realised!!

Maybe the Little Lucans could make them out of playdoh?

I've been having trouble sleeping lately so I'll look out for Music and Silence . . then I'll either enjoy a good read or sleep well, either of which I'd appreciate!!

OB
14/11/2003 at 14:20
are they twins? Reg and Norm I mean, not LL and CR!

CR wants to know the English for worms used as bait - well, it's bait!

Am struggling to find flights from Brum or Manc to CPH. Last time I flew BA from Brum but the flight no longer exists. More research needed! Where is anyone flying from?
201 to 220 of 46,891 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.