Copenhagen Marathon

Wonderful Wonderful Copenhagen

1 to 20 of 46,889 messages
15/10/2003 at 16:59
I know its a bit early but..... here goes!
14 May 2004 Danish royal wedding.
16 May 2004 Copenhagen Marathon.
The city will be thronged with visitors, festooned with flowers, bedecked with flags. The atmosphere will be amazing!
Anyone else tempted?
Plum    pirate
15/10/2003 at 17:17
maybe, possibly,could do!

will someone please drag me away!
CR
15/10/2003 at 20:15
To make it even more exciting:
It's a Jubilee Year,- The 25th Copenhagen Marathon!!

Have a look at the website:
http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/UK/jubilee.htm

It will be The Fairytale Wedding of the Century. A great event!!

HRH Crownprince Frederik, who has recently been engaged to the very lovely Tasmanian girl, Mary Donaldson, is a marathon runner himself.

Have a look at his website for their pictures and a very impressive curriculum:
http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/62000c

16/10/2003 at 08:08
Thanks for that CR. Lovely pics. Impressive CVs indeed! I love royal weddings. Any excuse for a new hat!
Are you hoping to be there?
16/10/2003 at 08:10
I havent got a marathon planned for may
CR
16/10/2003 at 10:45
LL

I would love to make it my second marathon! I am trying to convince my better half to do it for the third time....

I have just ordered the information pack.

It sounds fantastic! Nike sponsored marathon, ChampionChip timingsystem, pacerunners and bands playing along the special jubileeroute...

It only costs about £40 to enter the race, and it should be possible to get a fairly cheap flight ticket with Maersk Air from Gatwick or with Easyjet from Standstd. to Malmoe in Sweden.

From there you can travel by train over the new Oeresundbridge directly to Copenhagen.

The marathon starts and ends by "The Black Diamond", the new Royal Library building.

It is lovely in Copehagen at that time of the year, so many things to see and do...

Peppermint Hippo, What else can I say to convince you??
18/10/2003 at 16:55

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . tempted . . could be a birthday present to myself . . a trip around W W Copenhagen . .

I've asked for more info . .

Plum    pirate
18/10/2003 at 18:15
If rich is going im not.......on the other hand if Benz is going I want to go

What a quandary!
18/10/2003 at 18:33
Plum,How can we persuade Hippo?Any ideas?
18/10/2003 at 20:08
Copenhagen was my first marathon! Without hardly any training I did a sub 4hr, everything went well. Beautiful city, great for pre and post marathon celebration. The marathon expo is okay. In general it is a bit more low key event, they really don't want to attract elite marathon runners. The first part of the route is nice and leads a bit out of town and comes then back again. Then you run through quite a traffice busy area. However, then you pass a nice park and the final stretch is a long the water. Enjoyed the finish and the atmosphere. All runners knackered on the road. Check out the round tower or drive down to the Lousiana.
18/10/2003 at 20:28
Sub 4hr for URR without training? Is the couse that forgiving? If so, I'm seriously tempted!!
18/10/2003 at 22:22
They say it's a new course next year incorporating all the best things from previous years. The city itself is pretty flat so good for pbs I should think.
18/10/2003 at 22:24
URR How would you define hardly any training?
18/10/2003 at 22:26
Flat course but lots of turns, last year it was getting a bit hot. Only did Berlin half marathon for preparation as I was injured most of the time. I wanted to pace a friend of mine and I said I try 25km but I felt okay and finished 30mins ahead of him :) sorry!
18/10/2003 at 22:31
Pammie - No long runs, after Berlin half marathon it took me possibly two weeks to recover, could hardly move for many days and had ITB problems. Early days of running when you do stupid things :) Were running in the wrong shoes (ASICS!!!) as well.
CR
19/10/2003 at 21:35
LL,

I have just sent my entry form! Have you sent yours yet?

Have also entered Flora, but am not likely to get in... I think Paris is too early (March, I believe)

Copenhagen is ideal. We can start our training in February, when the weather gets better again ;-))

Rick,

Great birthday present! Remember to include a visit to Strøget, Kongens Nytorv, Nyhavn and The Tivoli Gardens...

19/10/2003 at 22:40
Not yet but I will. I'm worrying about whether I can do FLM(I have applied) AND Copenhagen or whether they are too close together. Hippo says its possible if I'm not worried about times. Ideally, would like to do Copenhagen in 2004 and FLM 2005.

Will post Copenhagen entry tomorrow. Promise. LOL
CR
20/10/2003 at 10:34
LL

Great! You don't have to decide now. You can wait to pay for the entry in Copenhagen at the Expo....
20/10/2003 at 14:53
CR, I have done it! Entered online. Details on the website at www.copenhagenmarathon.dk

They sent back an email acknowledgement almost straight away. No ballot, no charity places. Wonderful!
CR
20/10/2003 at 20:50
Oh no,I sent my entry by snailmail! You'll get a much better number than me!!

Am looking forward to Dublin,- only 1 week to go now. Weather not too good thou. 4 degrees, rain and strong wind!

Just a couple of months rest and recovery(!)and I'll hopefully be ready to start training again. Springtime, lovely weather, bambis in RP. Fantastic!
1 to 20 of 46,889 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.