Cornish Marathon 17 Nov

Snowdonia dans la Cocked Hat?

4 messages
21/11/2002 at 19:41
Thanks to all who organised this event at Rilla Mill, and the East Cornwall Harriers. For those not in the Ker-know [cornish irony] 14 miles outbound and uphill to the Jamaica Inn and apart from a return hill, a killer downhill section for about ? 4 miles at the end

Beautiful weather, and idyllic scenery, and cornish pasty to sie for - and if you hung around you got two :-)

I do reckon that on balance it and Snowdonia are variations on the concept of hilly! Must be a disease though cos by the 10 mile mark I found I preferred running up the hills to power walking.....

Nurse, quick.....

So, said someone , see you at Leicester this week then....
22/11/2002 at 08:06
Congrats Charles. I am in awe of anyone running that course. Being local and knowing the route, I know that just walking it would be hard.

I have to say marshalling it was great fun and helped by the weather. I would have seen you at mile 1 and then mile 25.5, just as you reached the road on that last drop into Rilla Mill.

I couldn't believe there was still a pasty there when I got in after 6 and a half hours!

Great run Charles.
22/11/2002 at 08:38
Wow - I feel like I know you!! That short 400m upslope luxury prior to the final drop into the village...

I was happy with 4 35ish. You guys were worth your weight in gold; the Brownies were bgrill - I hope they get a badge for that, ate least we were moving, they must have been a tad chilled.
22/11/2002 at 19:48
Yes, you'll remember me...I looked like an official lemon opal fruit :-) You weren't the gorilla, UKshorts man, tattoo man, man from Redcar, or man who threatened to eat my pasty were you?

The Brownies and Guides, I understand, do this job annually and have got it off to a fine art. I like the idea that as its a small race a runner can have their own drinks labelled at the water stops. I had hoped to be stationed with the jaffa cakes but my reputation went before me!

You'll have to come to Kernow to run the Camel Canter. A mere 30k and so flat you might even fly!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.