Cornish Marathon 2011

Hilly

21 to 40 of 46 messages
17/11/2010 at 17:39
That Valley Runner is such a wuss.........
17/11/2010 at 22:55
Im sure it will clear come sunday, another day like last year please!
17/11/2010 at 22:59
last year was perfect and out of the blue, if I remember right it was pouring down in the days before.
18/11/2010 at 18:47
Paul a - At least I don't carry a girly bottle around with me
You can refill it from the puddles
18/11/2010 at 20:03

OuchOuch - I really hope that haircut hasn't been brought on by the promise of a video, there's no Channel 4 documentary, just an idiot with an ipod nano.

They're VERY rough and ready, there's very little editing and they normally bounce around so much you get seasick. If I do run/walk which is highly likely there also tends to be far too many nostril shots..

For example - http://youtu.be/Kb3B019q3TI

18/11/2010 at 20:04
Does anybody know anywhere that sells running waders?
18/11/2010 at 20:11
It will be fine....... Trust me!!

Iain, reply to the text!! Run walk my arse!!!
18/11/2010 at 21:32
Iain - you've got a niche there, that looks good, more than I can say for my new haircut, my hairdresser clearly misunderstood the word 'trim' to 'I want to look like a nutter'.

After raising the issue of the weather, a biblical flood of the area within 24 hours - I must be a god. BBC says a bit parky at max 6C min 1C and sunny - so not bad at all.

Last run this evening, 2 miles slow, 1 mile fast....so thats it now...time for the decaff coffee/ tea...Time for some more bread...munch munch munch.

18/11/2010 at 21:45
Iain - Congrats on the 2nd place by the way, 27C!!!!!!!
18/11/2010 at 22:49
OH don't worry he will have an excuse for only being 2nd, no matter what it was in!!!!
19/11/2010 at 10:14
Your just jealous Muzza, another mile he would have won it! I now have visions of Iain continually running past by and stopping as I try and avoid my own run/ walk strategy.

Having not run a marathon for 3 years and only one race in that time, the noise of a few desultory handclaps and the piounding of feet makes it all a bit real now....Temp watch 7C predicted for Sunday clear and crystal clear visibiliy.
19/11/2010 at 10:40
OuchOuch wrote (see)
Temp watch 7C predicted for Sunday clear and crystal clear visibiliy.
Same as last year then
19/11/2010 at 17:20
Same as last year would be spot on for me...... Great conditions!!

Iain has failed to say his walk is faster than his run!!

Ouch, you will be fine, been there done it an won it so stop the excuses, u ain't started yet and ya sounding like Iain!
20/11/2010 at 18:35
I know but I've got to get myself worked up a bit, this is the Coooornish Marathon afterall. Everything sorted now, finally found my running shorts! Hope everyone has a good run or run/walk.
20/11/2010 at 19:34
Yeah I know that feeling, I've had 2 lots of 6-10 months off in my time, it's mental how you forget stuff, usually simple things like, nipple plasters or vas! Think think or it will be ouch ouch!!

Good luck m8, u will be flying. See u there!
20/11/2010 at 20:08
good luck all , especially Woody who will be carrying the famous Barry The Baton tomorrow
21/11/2010 at 06:51

Getting ready to go meet Muzza and head down. I think he's paid off my Mrs!!!

First she drags me round half the towns shops on a Saturday (she never does that) and then last night she opened up the red wine and it'd be rude of me to refuse.............. Heck it's gonna be fun out there today.

Nice day for it though - I think  See you there.

21/11/2010 at 17:43
Iain - That must have been worth 11 minutes off your time then surely...

Muzza - Great to see you today and running yet again so well, how do you do it. Might get a bit closer in Taunton.

Well done to Hilary, the organisers and all the marshalls once again today, really makes running this marathon a pleasure (of sorts). Must realise this marathon starts at 1000 am and not 1030, the warm-up was the first mile in 6 minutes 7 secs - schoolboy error.

Very happy with a start, a finish and a 3:13 GFA.....
21/11/2010 at 18:19
Iain, excuses all u like!! Scalp twice now boyo!!

Ouch, yeah good to see u m8, that's a dam good return to running after so long out! Well done! Yes see u at Taunton.

I will 2nd ouch! Brilliant as usual, well organised and great support from marshals, beats London I think, can appreciate the support more. Thanks everyone who were out there!
22/11/2010 at 18:27

Good to meet you yesterday Ouch.

Muzza, I won't tell anyone that you threatened to make me walk home if I beat you and I had to make it look convincing rather than just jogging in behind you .

Seriously though, top performance fella. Looking back I really enjoyed the race and I was so glad to have dressed up rather than suffering from the cold as so many people seemed to.

Just remember Jimmy, Marathons are just training. You haven't REALLY beat me until you do it getting off a 112mile bike ride

21 to 40 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.