Cornish Marathon

Good way to finish marathon year (well mine anyway)

1 to 20 of 192 messages
12/09/2007 at 03:50
Can anyone confirm if this race is definately on this year and if so where entry forms are available from.
12/09/2007 at 12:47

Ah, good, a thread.  Hi Steve.  I've emailed the organiser twice so far and all they keep sending is a spreadsheet with names on it.  So, no, I'm still in the dark as well.  No link to the marathon on the organiser's website or even reference to it.

12/09/2007 at 18:20

Cornish is on 18th November.   entry forms are always a little late in appearing but will be on www.tamartrotters.co.uk as soon as available.

I'm nothing to do with the organisation it's just my favourite marathon.

12/09/2007 at 20:37
Thanks Shades - will keep looking
12/09/2007 at 21:10
Ah i feel we have a bit of a Welsh theme going on here - shades you out numbered 3 to 1 lol - i ran this last year and it really is a great race - a good challenging course - actually ran my pb on this course last year
12/09/2007 at 21:15

Whereabouts in cornwall is this one ?

(hopefully we'll have a ferry service from penarth to cornwall by then)    

12/09/2007 at 21:28

FA - its in a small village called Pensilva and i think it took me about 30 minutes from Plymouth.  Due to family issues drove down on the day last year and it took around 2hrs 30 from Cardiff area.  

TG - what time did you run last year - i felt like s* most of the way round and did 3:59 with an attempted sprint back down last hill into village to get under 4 hour mark.

13/09/2007 at 07:34

Steve

I ran 3:49 which as i said is a pb for me - i really enjoyed the course but missed out on seeing the pub that people talk about on the moors - cant even remember the name of it but think its quite famous. this year if i run i will make sure that i pay more attention to the surroundings and scenery

I definatly prefer this type of course which is more challenging to flatter courses like cardiff - Mind you saying that we in cardiff have such a crap council who cant even be bothered to organise a marathon this year - dont get me started on that though as i will rant for ages

13/09/2007 at 08:11
poooooooooo

I think I am on call
then
PSC    pirate
13/09/2007 at 08:34

You could run with your bleep Hipps!

Not for me this one, not this year anyway! Enjoy folks! Big Hi to T Rex!
13/09/2007 at 08:42
but I'm tempted - see how I feel after JW and Beachy - does it fill up quickly?
13/09/2007 at 10:55

Another Taff who could be up for this one.  Ran it last year, fantastic day, amazing scenery, demanding course and most certainly my favourite ever marathon. Also ran Cardiff last year, so quite a contrast.   Doing Devon this year rather owing to the sad disapperance of Cardiff so will decide after I've run that, as also tempted by a December marathon in warmer climes. 

bo-bo - Doesnt fill up quickly, entered on the day 3 minutes before the official cut-off last year!  15 minutes to get changed and warm-up, then off we went.

13/09/2007 at 11:33

Hippo - can you swop your on call?

bo-bo - as OuchOuch says no rush to enter, I usually get a phone call from the RO a week or so before the race asking where my entry form is.   However, I don't know what the race limit is and numbers are creeping up each year.  I will let you know when the forms are out.

OO - RO hiked up the 'on the day' entry fee to try and get folks to pre enter, admin reasons plus to ensure there are enough pasties

13/09/2007 at 20:33

Umm ... Jamaica Inn with its fire that's not supposed to have gone out for 400 years.  Got quite a spooky history but is anything but now.

This marathon seems to attract more "regulars" than any other I've done - a very friendly event.  I'll be driving up on the day but by the looks of it we could hire a minibus for the Welsh contingent.

Oh dear.  PSC - who are you again?  DD veteran?

13/09/2007 at 20:56

PH - welcome back if that is correct as i have not seen you posting recently

TG - Totally totally agree with you about Cardiff Council - want to call themselves an go-ahead capital city and cannot even organise a marathon when most capital cities around Europe seem to do it without too much trouble 

13/09/2007 at 21:13

TR,

Good idea ie: mini-bus, or we could even all stop over at Shades' place - i'm sure she wouldn't mind 

14/09/2007 at 08:21

<< surveys tiny flat>>

I'll take you all to the Cider Bar in Newton Abbot but would suggest that you do that on the way home, you can get pi$$ed on about a fiver there.

14/09/2007 at 08:22

oh heck not the cider bar again!

Steve-ive not been posting as much cos Im stuck working in taff land

K2
14/09/2007 at 10:02

I'm not really here. Just looking out for details for a clubmate.

14/09/2007 at 12:45

K2 - My Monday mornings feel a bit like that.

With all of these references to Wales should we have a Wales vs England forum team challenge then...first 3/4 to count....or as its the Cornish Marathon a Cornwall vs Wales vs England challenge. Any takers?

(Thinks to himself - I know if i make a list everyone will join, no forumite yet born can resist a list)

Wales                   Cornwall                  England 

OuchOuch

1 to 20 of 192 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.