Cranleigh 15/21

Online entry?

41 to 50 of 50 messages
16/03/2008 at 20:03

Yes,

I agree with you S S They all did very well Standingstill in all that rain for all that time!!!  A BiG thankyou from me also!!

I had a great run only hope I feel the same at F.L.M   Yahoo taper time!,

p.s I didn't pray to the rain gods

TCP
16/03/2008 at 21:16

Very pleased with that.  21 at faster than my target marathon time.  I real surprise.  Maybe I should reasses.

My teeth were chattering at the beginning but once I got going, the weather was fine (apart from the headwind on the last 3 miles that made it a little tougher).

Its such a killer to have a choice to end it at mile 15 or go round again.  Miles 15 to 17 were really tough metally.  Then just counted down until that bloody hill that seemed a lot bigger on the second loop.  And the distance between the 21 mile marker and the end seemed about a mile long.

Thanks to all organisers.  The marshalls were the happiest marshalls I've seen.  The posh lady at the final drinks station made me giggle.  She was extremely cheerful give how wet she was.  Thanks.

17/03/2008 at 00:00

Hi all,

Can you believe I heard some one say in the Band room.... "I thought there would of been a goody bag at the end!!!"

What more could you ask for drinks and a medal at the end all for £7

Please  some people!!

17/03/2008 at 08:02

Hi all

Great race yesterday - i can only echo all the positive comments made about the Marshals I thought they did a fantastic job  - and somehow managed to stay cheerful through it all.

I thought  the Jelly babies were a great touch - a much needed tonic.

I'm trying to find the results online - could anyone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks to all involved

Dave

TCP
17/03/2008 at 08:53

This is the web site but they don't appear to be up yet:

http://www.mabac.org.uk/

17/03/2008 at 09:17

Hi all,

Congratulations on completing the race in the wet conditions, nice to see so many of you give me a smile as you ran past !

Get the photo evidence at www.AntBliss.com

All the best

Mrs WTPooh

17/03/2008 at 09:39
Hi everyone, what a race, I can't say I enjoyed it but that had nothing to do with the course or the brilliant marshalls, the rain and me been very tired had alot to do with it. It was one race I was very pleased to see the end of.  I can't thank the marshalls / the water station people and supporters enough, to stand out there in the rain for us mad lot to do a 15/21 run is amazing, well done to you all. I will def do this race again.  take care and good luck to everyone doing the FLM.
18/03/2008 at 09:51
Yes the marshals were brilliant, I hope they got a medal as well!
Edited: 18/03/2008 at 09:51
19/03/2008 at 12:30
I came as 'clapper' to my two sisses-in-law on the FLM trail. They had a good day at the office.People, if you can do that you can do anything. Rough! My main lesson was never to watch by a water station, as you soon end up giving it out with very cold mits. Even watching was good sport. Well done to you all. My heroine was the lady who, not realising, had been 'cut off' at 15. She ran to the finish but was back a few seconds later insisting on going on as it was only 2 hrs 46. What a star!!
20/03/2008 at 18:17

Yes I remember the posh marshal - she was so enthusiastic I felt I had to raise my pace in response. She even said we (my daughter and I) were looking good. If anyone knows her address I send her a pair of my old specs. - we certainly didn't feel it.

I agree with everyone who said this was a really well organised event ..... my only plea is when oh when will we get enough loos? I'd be happy to pay a couple of quid extra on the race price if that meant (more) porta-loos and less anxiety at the start. How many races start with people still queuing???

Overall, thanks to everyone involved in this year's event, runners and marshals alike. Great.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 50 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.