Cricklade Half-Marathon

first time running this race

21 to 27 of 27 messages
03/10/2011 at 13:05

Afternoon all

just out of interest how longs the race been going i know from what Yvonne told me that it’s at least 3 years i only ask as she said for the last 3 years it has rain and so the water stations aren’t quite as important so they may not have had to deal with that short of heat especially in October you just don’t expect it

This may be part of a learning curve for them and if anyone knows the organizers perhaps they could suggest that if it were that hot again a couple of extra table with water on them may be an idea i must agree about the price that what first caught my eye plus it was only an hour down the road

water for me wasn’t such a problem as i wore my camelbak

Edited: 03/10/2011 at 13:07
03/10/2011 at 14:14
i have just e-mailed them to ask when the chip times will be posted
03/10/2011 at 14:37
32 years its been running. The chip times are all up on the fullonsports website, were there yesterday eve.
03/10/2011 at 14:37
ie, follow the old 2010 results link from the cricklade website, and just check for new results.
03/10/2011 at 14:43
I hear what you are saying about extra water. The reality though is that it's not as easy as you suggest to put an extra station in at last minute notice - it requires another 2-3 marshalls, tables, etc. And you cant just shift the existing 4 stations to fit in an equal distance between either. So you'd end up with 2 stations in close proximity, which means runners would likely bypass one.

Its one hot day in decades, don't think the rule book should be ripped up for it. They were extraordinary circumstances, and probably won't happen again for another 32 years.

Edited: 03/10/2011 at 14:45
03/10/2011 at 15:52
Jeremy thanks for that have now found it
27/06/2012 at 04:22

hi all

well running this race again this year enjoyed it so much it's a good race well organized but small in number

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.