Crossdale Trail 10K

21 to 31 of 31 messages
25/09/2005 at 21:43
Hi.

You're right about the banner... we'll sort that next year.

Results will be on the web by Monday evening. (Sorry - we had a couple of hours off for a party - it rained heavily!)
26/09/2005 at 08:48
My first 10K and wasn't sure what to expect as I'm very new to running. A great course and well organised. Great encouragement from the marshals along the way as well. The only problems I saw were that some of the faster runners didn't know their left from their right at the turning point!! Have to say that the last hill wasn't as bad as I was expecting but still a tough way to end a race.

CD

Saw you at the event and would have introduced myself but by the time I had got my breath back and got change you had disappeared.
26/09/2005 at 09:20
Provisional results for the 10K are now on the web. Team results and Fun Run results will appear later today. You may have to refresh/reload the pages in your browser to get the latest versions.

Please let us know if you spot any mistakes (I know you will!!)
26/09/2005 at 10:01
Phil N

Sorry not to be able to meet you. Had a tight deadline had to be back in North Lincs pre 12.30.

If you liked the idea of multi terrain look at www.trailrunning.co.uk . There are four runs organised in the Lake District circa 15km around the lakes for 2006.

Hawkshead
Coniston
Garburn
Derwentwater

There is a wonderful slide show for each run. I ran the Garburn and Coniston this year. Hard work but magnicient views.

Yesterday was my 33rd 10k in 18mths so I can give you feedback on 10k's in the East Midlands and Yorskhire.

26/09/2005 at 10:08
CD

Yes already done Coniston and Garburn (Challenge) and will be doing all four next year, my entry is already in for Hawkshead. This was my third trail event and must admit I am now hooked, just hope I can keep going through the winter months. Will definitely be taking part in more events next year.
26/09/2005 at 11:29
Was pretty depressed about my run yesterday - not sure whether or not I should have started as just started getting a cold and got a stitch walking(!) to the school.

Just looked at the results though and a bit happier now as am a reasonable way up the field and the times seem quite a bit slower than a road 10k (first time on a trail race).

Well organised race but I started off much too fast - must learn how to run a race one day.

Thanks to all the marshalls for their support around the course.
26/09/2005 at 17:29
Phil N.

Try the Bluebell Trail Race near Halifax. Its a 10 mile multi terrain race through woods, across grass fields, along side canals and rivers and up very steep cobbled streets. Finish by wading across a river (about knee height ). Usually run in May.

How did you recognise me yesterday ? Was it my new Scunthorpe and District A C vest ?

Running a multi terrain race in North Worcs next followed by Harewood Trail race (10) miles ) on October 9th. Also worth considering is the Guy Fawkes 10 in Ripley North Yorks.
26/09/2005 at 17:58
CD

Thanks for that will look into those. I had looked at the Harewood but unfortunately I have something on the 9th Oct at the moment but will pencil it in for next year, also I'm doing a 10 miler on the 8th.

Yes, I saw the vest and wondered if it was you and then when I saw you by your car it confirmed my suspicions ;-)

Thanks again.
27/09/2005 at 06:51
I will see you at Hawkshead then in April if not before.

I am not camping but staying with a friend in Lancs so wil travel up Saturday morning.
05/10/2005 at 06:38
10/10/2005 at 18:14
well, after entering 'really' early last year I wasn't able to run on the day as I was injured playing hockey on the Saturday and considering it was not flat I didn't want to chance it..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.