Croydon 10k 20/10/02

12 messages
20/10/2002 at 12:59
Well done for all those who have just completed the 10km Croydon run today,and boy i thought it was very cold,just missed my PB but i never really intended to run that fast at the off.

Well done to all those anyway and to the crowd at the finish line for cheering us all on.
20/10/2002 at 13:04
Well done Speedied! Sometimes I find the cold makes me run faster, so I can get back and warm again.

20/10/2002 at 19:42
Well done Speedie, I was doing the Cabbage Patch race and I was 30 secs a mile faster today because of the cold !
Don't suppose if you know if Jill O'Connor won her race at Croyden ?
20/10/2002 at 20:02
Sorry Triathlon boy not sure on any results at the mo,just wanted to get in the warm,but well done for your run today.
21/10/2002 at 10:53
Having taken up running over the last six months this was my first competitive 10K run ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sorry to say that by the time I got to the finish line (1:03) all the fast runners had long gone and I therefore missed the ceremonies. Nevertheless, I would like to thank the organisers/stewards and I certainly hope to be there next year.
21/10/2002 at 13:41
well done mrs Pepperpot, I to like this race,its done twice a year so look out for the early one in spring, last time it was the sunday b4 the london marathon so im guessing april again next time.
21/10/2002 at 14:26
Thanks Speedie, I didn't know that this race was run twice a year. I shall look out for it when it is advertised in Runners World. I am hoping to get into the London Marathon, so I shall need all the help I can get ! In a way I am looking forward to the Marathon (If I get in) but on the other hand it is a daunting task to be able to run that distance. Have you run the London Marathon and did you survive the experience ?
21/10/2002 at 16:38
Well done Mrs Peperpot
Found out Gill O'Connor finished 2nd , I think Elinor Rest came in first.
Mrs Pepperpot, when you do the marathon, you're love it, it's a fantastic day out.
I did it for the first time this year, thought I would say never again but want to do it again.
I suffered with a knee problem on 18 miles, but the crowds, the excitement and the other runners was there to help me along.
I walked/jogged the last 8 miles but managed to do it in 4hr 50 min, I was hoping to do it in 3hr 50 mins.
There's always next year.
TB
21/10/2002 at 19:00
well done you all for running croydon or the cabbage patch or else.
just a note about croydon. the run was good and the cold was cold indeed. the only thing is that distance markers would have made pacing easier, don't you think???
i had my best time on the distance, though, so i cannot really complain!!!
22/10/2002 at 09:23
Damsico, Maybe for novice runners it is better not to have distance markers as psychologically it could put a damper on your running. Better to run into the unknown !! However, for me personally I would have preferred it, like you I could have paced my last couple of Kms better and perhaps finished faster. Glad to hear that you finished on a PB. Does anyone have any idea whether the finishing times are going to be published anywhere ??
22/10/2002 at 15:15
Mrs Pepperpot, race results I think are in the Croydon advertiser and im also thinking that the paper is due out on fridays ( but not sure )failing that I have the race results being posted to me no problem in letting you know.
22/10/2002 at 15:22
Speedie, thanks for your response. I will buy Croydon Advertiser this week, if all fails would appreciate a copy. Will let you know.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.