Croydon 5k Park Run

parkrun at Croydon

4 messages
30/07/2010 at 17:16

Hello Friends,

I am trying to bring parkrun ( www.parkrun.com ) to the Lloyds park in Croydon. This will be a weekly, free, timed run open to people of all age and ability, on Saturday 9:00 AM. I have obtained the permission from Croydon council and assistance from the parkrun to start such an event. But before I can proceed further, the council has asked me gather some commited volunteers required for organising the run. Normally the runners themselves volunteer for such tasks but as I do not have any runner at all, I need to some volunteers first.

I have therefore come to this forum looking for volunteers and prospective runners alike.
Please help me in this community event.

-Nishant

21/08/2010 at 18:53

Hi Nishant

Good for you, a great venue - what is your planned route?

14/09/2010 at 15:38

I think it is a brilliant idea. I really hope it works out. As I am pregnant at the moment I cannot help out but I will spread the word...

Erika

21/01/2011 at 14:49

Hello Folks,

I am coming back to this forum again after long time. ( so much so that I forgot the user-id for my account here on RunnersWorld ).

The good News is that the Parkrun has started in Lloyd Park. We started it end of October. I forgot to post this news here as I got busy with job-hunt ( and wife-hunt : ) ). I had to go to India in November for my engagement, and then when I came back in December,  winter was in full force.

Now that temprature is on rise, I think it's high time to invite you all runners to this parkrun, for running. You can have some glimpse of the parkrun at Lloyd Park through the report that I have started writing for last two weeks.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/lloyd/News.aspx

Hope to see you there on the ground.

Nishant.

Edited: 21/01/2011 at 14:50

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.