Cyprus 4 day challenge

61 to 66 of 66 messages
19/11/2009 at 08:42

Remember, if you need Gels take them with you as it's impossible to buy them out there.
Unless you're with 2.09 who will supply them to you.

Temp is warmer than reported, been 27 this week in Peyia (just above Coral Bay) but thats mid afternoon. Last year was warm, year before was damp, it's unpredictable time of year and there has been some rain recently. Keep well hydrated.

Hopefully get to meet you guys, have a great time.

19/11/2009 at 16:02

As long as I can get hold of my Gatorade, I'll be happy.

And give me a bit of sunshine, so much better than the wind (outside!) that stopped me in my tracks this morning.

19/11/2009 at 22:31

Bol sauce - there is a shop opposite the coral bay that we got powerade from last year.  I think they might have had gatorade....

they had irn bru too!

Zed

20/11/2009 at 16:46

Spot on, thanks. Just got a couple of new tops today, and discovered my regular postie is also a runner. Think he might have had to walk fast after leaving here, as we talked for ages. Hope he's trustworthy, now he knows house will be empty for a week.

Weren't you hot in that t shirt though, especially with your water belt? What a wave though!!

21/11/2009 at 10:28

I ran the half with a water belt - the other races I did not.  I just felt I needed the sugar and although they had water stations with oranges I need sugar on a 13 miler! 

Famous in the photo indeed!  Wasn't that hot no - I always run in t-shirts.  They are light wicking ones. 

Fly out tomorrow to Larnaca and staying with my Gran'ma for a few days before heading to Coral Beach hotel on Wednesday afternoon.

Zed

21/11/2009 at 10:51

Sorry, It's just me presuming that because it's a race t shirt that it's not a wicking one! Enjoy a few days with your gran and see you next Thursday. BS

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 66 of 66 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.