Dark Star River Marathon

8 messages
14/11/2013 at 20:13

After the Downslink was such a great race we are having another go.. this time only28.2 up one side of the river Adur and bit  of partridge green past the Dark star brewery and back down the other side. 

Every finisher gets a bottle of beer as well see the events listing.

14/11/2013 at 21:41

That's a very vague post - the events listing for what? The only reason I know what you are talking about - or at least where, not what, is that I used to live in Partridge Green and have drunk Dark Star. Had a barrel or two for my wedding ealier in the year.

15/11/2013 at 08:17
Sorry if it appeared vague was just trying to direct people to event page , the marathon is jan 26th a 28.2 trail marathon up and down the river Adur in Sussex

Check out www.sussextrailevents.com
15/11/2013 at 11:51

It's subscribers only content in the events lisings so half the users of the forums will be exclded from viewing.

I just saw Dark Star and thought 'beer'. I was right.

15/11/2013 at 16:22
Beer and running what more do you want
16/11/2013 at 22:12

hmmm, could be a nice training run for the ndw50

whats the trail like?

road shoe or trail shoe and how lumpy is it, ive run the sdw across the adur heading west

19/11/2013 at 22:02

Wazza , its mainly riverbank so not that hilly and a old disused railway line . it will give you time on your feet but won't get you ready for box hill.

21/11/2013 at 21:55

cool, i'll enter i a week or two

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.