December Marathon

December Marathon

10 messages
26/08/2011 at 15:47
I am looking to do a Marathon in December.  Ideally flat and fast any ideas anyone?
26/08/2011 at 16:37
There is one in Portsmouth, it's called the portsmouth coastal marathon it was the 1st one last year and from wot I heard there were one or 2 teething problems but overall it was quite quick.
26/08/2011 at 16:47

Thanks Muzza, I have seen that one on the events list.  I dont subscribe to the mag but am struggeling to find anything out about the run or course.  The official website says very little about the course or anything else.

26/08/2011 at 17:32
Luton is at the end of November if thats any help? Bear in mind that lots of races had to be cancelled/moved last year around that time so you are running the risk of missing any race in December through no fault of your own...which mmight explain why so few fulls are on, also it must be pretty dreadful for the marshalls as well standing around in the cold
26/08/2011 at 19:06
Cornish is also on same day as Luton, chances of Cornish being cancelled 1%, chances of Luton 50%? not much happens in December and if they do they are normaly full by now.
26/08/2011 at 20:00
3 Dec - EnduranceLife coastal trail marathon - Dorset.  Looks strenuous!  Their events are pricey but extremely well organised.
26/08/2011 at 23:14
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=6&UTN=171218&chklast=1

Here is a link to last years forum, maybe you can read up and find out more there.

Cornish is great on nov 20th, I'll be there for sure, done it the last 4 years! Not fast tho, it's a toughie. Gloucester in January is pretty quick got my PB there this yr so I plan to go back.
27/08/2011 at 11:02
there is also uk results there might have a listing on there
31/08/2011 at 11:17

Thanks for all the help and advice guys.

I will mull it over and then enter something.  I need a goal round about december but Nov or Jan are possible.  I want to do a spring marathon too though so I need to start looking at the diary and counting out the weeks.

Thanks again.

31/08/2011 at 16:17
I'm thinking about the Endurance Life in Dorset in Dec too, anyone done it before? Sounds like it would be pretty harsh.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.