Diet Coke East Kilbride Half Marathon

41 to 53 of 53 messages
20/06/2007 at 07:30
Well, SH, have been known to do that, but generally feel I have enough stuffed down my bra!!!!
21/06/2007 at 06:52
LOL....

Hope its not black eye sindrom
21/06/2007 at 07:25
SH, only avoided through carefully thought out 'scaffolding' and copious amounts of lycra!

Actually, have got a black eye at the moment (first ever!) due to my other sporting (I use the term loosely) interest as a fighting woman. Has been a bit difficult to explain at work. It's now an attractive shade of yellow.
23/06/2007 at 13:28
Good luck for tomorrow! Weather is looking much better than expected - just the chance of a wee coolong shower - ideal!
24/06/2007 at 21:20
Enjoyed the race even though it wasn't the most scenic. Though it was very well
organised and I got a pb of 2hrs 6min
25/06/2007 at 07:46
Agree GG, it was well organised. No PB for me, still suffering from hay fever and had been at a (very sober) birthday 'do' the night before, but enjoyed it.
25/06/2007 at 10:31
Well done everyone........

KT = you doing glasgow half....?

25/06/2007 at 17:48
Well, I am intending to. Will need to get my lardy a*** into gear and up my mileage a bit though! Away to Espana next week then four weeks off work when come back - ideal opportunity! People of Uddy beware! You are doing it, aren't you?
26/06/2007 at 09:51
I thought it was really well organised and I thoroughly enjoyed it - especially running round the track at the end - first time on a track EVER for me! No PB, but I have been really tired and training has been sporadic since Edin mara. Need to get some faster miles into the legs before I race again.

Weather window was really fortunate - that was the first race this year I have done that it didn't rain (or sleet, or snow, or be windy!).
26/06/2007 at 10:47
Yes, I'm on holiday first 2 weeks in July, when I come back it will give me 7 weeks to the race........

What time you planning.?
27/06/2007 at 07:34
Oh, SH, how cruel you are, now I have to admit publicly how sloooooooow I really am!

On Sunday at EK, the guy who won the 1/2 (I can only gaze in awe and admiration!) passed by me at 8k. I had to ask one of the policemen if I was actually still moving, and in the right direction. He said I was doing OK, but he was laughing.

(Shudders as horrible memory of Cambuslang at Hogmanay also resurfaces)

Anyway, did Glasgow 1/2 two years ago in about 2.20, would be happy to be thereabouts again.

And you? Shouldn't we be on some other thread about this - think there was one for GSR?
27/06/2007 at 11:37
Second time doing this race and as before it was a well run event - congrats to the race team.

29/06/2007 at 09:02
True! lets move over.......

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 53 of 53 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.