DISNEY 2011

I'm doing Goofy whats your choice

121 to 140 of 158 messages
JPenno    pirate
22/12/2010 at 21:30

When I did it in 2009 it was about 45 degrees at the start and in the 70's 4 hrs later.

Good luck to all those doing it this year, So Jealous

23/12/2010 at 17:26

Fizz

The average temp for Orlando is around 70 degrees. Apart  from this year its always been around the mid 60's. to high 70's

I think you can get away with an extra tshirt at the start and usual running gear for the races  this year was a one off but for the sake of it stick a long sleeve tshirt in your bag.

26/12/2010 at 21:10

Trying to work out what that is in new money. Why cant the yanks go metric like the rest of the world. Right looking it up now.

Will just bring vest and shorts. Perhaps I could justify buying a nice top at the expo or at an outlet store if one was required.

Is it best to buy sports gear at mallls and factory outlets? I half presume that anything within an asses roar of Disney complex would nearly be twice the price of usual places?

Any further tips? My daughter will be 16  and I was trying to find something special to treat her while we were there. And advice or suggestions welcome.

Not long now guys .

27/12/2010 at 14:24

Fizz

The  outlet malls are cheaper than the Expo and  most have Nike, Reebok, Adidas stores in them If your staying on I drive there are a couple of malls at the top of the road and the I drive shuttle bus takes you there

For your daughter I would suggest doing one of the dinner shows either the Arabian nights if she likes horses or again there are some nice eaterys on I drive If she likes pasta I would recommend Olive Graden or Carrabas bothg really nice pasta resturants

27/12/2010 at 18:37

Great stuff slowfoot. thank you . Sure  you wont come as advisor?

27/12/2010 at 18:54
I arrive on the 5th so enjoy New Year Disney style you will love it!!
29/12/2010 at 23:29
I am not running  but going to fl on the 4th, I am going to be so gutted when I see all thestuff around, guys,please ,please come back and let us know how you get on.
29/12/2010 at 23:32

griffster

Im sorry re your body troubles! I am sure you will get through but with a differant attatude from normal, my training went booby up for a marathon once, I walked it mostly,I really never done any training at all really, and I managed it, good luck and enjoy.

Edited: 29/12/2010 at 23:32
30/12/2010 at 18:51

Thanks for the words Orlys mum and Fizziofin. The hip is feeling better after appprox 3/4 weeks complete rest. Last runs i did were on a treadmill when i realised I needed to stop for things to improve.

Walk / run it is for the HM with the aim of getting round and being able to start the Marathon. I'll know by the end of the HM whether my body is up for it i guess.

We fly New Years day to start our holiday  Good luck everybody, i dont know about anyone else but I'm taking a camera around with me!

Edited: 30/12/2010 at 18:52
30/12/2010 at 22:39

Griffsters

There are a number of photo stops around both courses where the chracters are available to have your photo and just in case you aren't aware you get a free disposable camera in your race pack when you register.

The main characters are also available at the end of each race in the meet and greet area however there can be queues as friernds and family have access to them as well

31/12/2010 at 08:30
Ah, thanks slowfoot. No, i wasnt aware of that!
31/12/2010 at 08:45

Just want to wish everyone good luck, I really can't wait, this is a holiday of a lifetime for me as I have wanted to go since I was a child.

Hope all the injuries and twinges hold off.

31/12/2010 at 14:54

If people  fancy meeting up let me know and I can suggest a few places

01/01/2011 at 01:31

Did a lovely 10 miles up International drive and around the touristy area today , and then about another 5 hours shopping . My feet are killling me Does this count as training.?

Happy New year to you all. Not sure where we will go to ring it in , but will do another run tomorow and maybe run over to the Disney area to suss it out. Its fabulous and warm here. Was roasting running in 22 degrees after -15 last week. !

see you soon folks.

XX

02/01/2011 at 20:30
my numbers  marathon 8306  half 26835
02/01/2011 at 23:42
Goodluck Guys and Gals......Gutted, this time last year kids and I were there! Did the goofy and it was great, cold but great! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! GOOD JOOOOOB!
03/01/2011 at 14:46

Is anyone staying near Wet and Wild and interested in a training run with company?

03/01/2011 at 20:50

Fizz

I'm staying at a villa on US 27 otherside of Orlando I will be going to the Expo Thursday afternoon I'll be wearing the Inaugral Goofy tshirt so look out for me

05/01/2011 at 21:16

hi all..very excited and nervous. Not trained as much as last years VLM due to having man flu for the whole of december...still not over it tbh...

fly out on friday morning, cutting it fine i know,

i am running the HM in my favourite leeds united shirt and the prostate cancer charity on the full marathon...so if you see me...say hello

Good luck everyone...looking forward to 12 days of beer and pizza afterwards lol

John 

06/01/2011 at 23:20

I screwed up my hip on Sunday evening. Have been limping since and munching on Brufen. I cant reach my foot to put on my shoe and it is veeerrrrrryyyyyyyyy sore  IT is getting a bit easier by the day  and I am definitley not fit for either or both runs but having come so far I am going to do them anyway if I can , even if I have to walk shuffle most of the way . WIll take rest then afterwards before training resumes. Bother ! what bad timing.

Right off for a bath and see if I can get it to loosen up a bit .Didnt go to expo today. IWll venture tomorrow if I can walk around that much.

121 to 140 of 158 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.