DISNEY 2011

I'm doing Goofy whats your choice

1 to 20 of 158 messages
31/03/2010 at 18:19

Have signed up for the 2011 Goofy runs at Orlando anyone else in either the half or the full or even better in both

31/03/2010 at 19:27
Done the full this year, had -2 conditions, it was so cold to begin with but a very enjoyable race once running through the parks. Well organised and supported and great Expo.
31/03/2010 at 19:35

Speedie

Did this year as well weather was a shocker!!

02/05/2010 at 17:08

Marathon now at 50% capacity

half at 65%

Goofy is full

JPenno    pirate
02/05/2010 at 17:16
Slowfoot, they opened more Goofy places in 2009 due to demand, may do the same this year
03/05/2010 at 19:25

Jpenno

Disney have not made a decision this year if they are going to reopen it as the take up has been slower than previous years and they want to keep it as a limited event  a lot of feedback earlier this year was that too many people did it and it ruined the originality of it

JPenno    pirate
03/05/2010 at 19:28
I am not doing it in 2011 as both kids are in exam years, will be doing it in 2012 tho
02/06/2010 at 17:23

I've just signed up for the Goofy Challenge today

I really do like the look of this and it sounds fantastic. It'll be my first marathon, someone tell me i'm not nuts please.  Not fussed about times, just want to get round in one piece really. I've put in estimated times of 2:15 for the half and 5 hrs for the marathon.

I've got the English Half and Hellrunner already booked in so they'll be good events to do whilst training I think. Looking forward to it already

04/06/2010 at 20:06

I'm having a go at the Goofy as well.  Aiming for around 5 in the full and around 2:20 ish for the half, maybe a tad quicker.

The whole family is racing- my husband is doing the family 5k and our 9 yr old is signed up for the Mickey Mile, so we should clank with the bling on the flight home!

11/06/2010 at 14:18

Goofy this year was great apart from the cold. 

The most difficult thing for me was trying to work out how many shirts to wear

pab
11/06/2010 at 23:30

goofy for me as well, i opted only for the marathon last year but seeing all the runners coming home after with the extra goofy medal  gutted me, and made me enter this year before goofy was full

with regards to transport i stay within the disney resorts but still drive to the start as then i can sit in the car until the last minute, leave all my stuff in the car and tie the car key on my shorts

this will be my 5th disney marathon one of them 2008 was a goofy

12/06/2010 at 19:50

took me a while to locate you guys for the Disney 2011. Definitley going this time. Shocked to see that places are filling up, didnt dawn on me to actually enter the race, although I have been looking at flights and accommodation. GULP. Better do that asap. Didnt realise it is so dear.. Still , hate to waste all this training

12/06/2010 at 20:21

Right. I'm in

By the way...whats a goofy pin and do I want one?

12/06/2010 at 20:36
I have signed up for the marathon, hubbie doing the half, son doing the mile (he's 11) and daughter doing the 400m (she's 7).

I am ridiculously excited about it - the rest of the family are humouring me
13/06/2010 at 00:01
I ran the Disney full in 2007 and had an enjoyable time.  The organization, course, support, etc.. was great!!  The weather is very unpredicatble, could be freezing cold or blazing hot.   It was very warm when I ran and remember being soaked in sweat within 30 min of running thanks to the high humidity.  Next time I go back, I'll definitely do the Goofy as I love a challenge.
pab
13/06/2010 at 07:39

this year i ran with the camera which was in the race pack, and i stopped at every Character, got some great photo`s that i wouldn`t in the parks

i`ve never bothered getting the pin, but many do as they usally sell oot.

i normally stay at  pop centry or all stars but i opted for port orleans riverside this year as they have the free dining plan available, only the quick service plan but still a good deal to be had if any one is looking for accomadation

did anyone who ran this year pay the extra and go to the party in the park in the evening, where they had live bands, food stalls and openend some rides,, was it worth the money and would you pay and do it again ??????

Edited: 13/06/2010 at 07:39
13/06/2010 at 16:08

as regards accommodation....is near international drive ok or should I be aiming for somwhere closer? WIll be going for about two weeks and this comes at the end of the holiday . I reckon we wil have a car for some or possibly all of it , if its not too expensive.

Are there any other tips that us goofy virgins should know about from you experienced Disneyites?

13/06/2010 at 16:58

Pab

You can give the pasta party a miss as i didn't think it was that good either in entertainment or food and not that cheap as one of the diners close by was doing an all you could eat dinner buffett for $15

Fizz International drive is about a 20min drive away if you do the disney hotels you can get the free bus but have to get up at ridculous oclock. I would suggest a hotel on the 192

I've done all the Goofy races to date so can answer most questions and I did a race review a couple of years ago

13/06/2010 at 17:08

Pab- We're staying in Port Orleans- French Quarter for similar reasons.  We got a good deal with Virgin and several freebies thrown in as well

Gymaddict- we are racing as a family as well- I'm doing the Goofy, husband is doing the 5k and daughter is doing the Mickey mile( she will be 9)  so we are looking forward to getting the family bling

Slowfott- roughly what sort of time does it start to get light, so I get an idea of how far down the course I will be when the sun starts gettign hot

Edited: 13/06/2010 at 17:09
13/06/2010 at 17:11

Are those of you going with family, travelling earlier and doing the running at the end ?

Thajnks for the tip. Will look at 192 ( whereeer that is)

1 to 20 of 158 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.