Disney 2012

Donald, Mickey, Goofy or Chip 'n' Dale Medal?

41 to 43 of 43 messages
11/05/2011 at 15:28

I wasn't personally affected by the time difference, nor were any of my family - but I'm not that experienced with long flights (Disney 2011 was my first) so maybe someone else can give some advice there?

We arrived a week before the races - neither myself or hubby have a lot of experience in marathons/racing and we are not very serious runners - we took the opportunity to spend every minute around the parks with the kids in the week leading up to the race and, as it was only a week, it didn't seem to affect our running. A lot of the hotels have treadmills and jogging paths though.

The only problem we had was food before the races. Whenever I run at home I have the same breakfast and a strong coffee to wake me up. At 3am it was very difficult in a Disney hotel to find a good, strong morning coffee and basic muesli/porridge, so our digestive systems were a bit unsettled!

03/07/2011 at 20:58

Goofy - 80% full

Mickey - 50% full

Donald - 50% full

07/07/2011 at 10:03

184 days (inc today)  

Although the website says 181 until the Competition begins.   *bounce bounce bounce*

Just thought I'd mention that.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.