Dublin Marathon - 29th October 2007

The race is good but the Craic is the best!

8,321 to 8,327 of 8,327 messages
03/11/2007 at 22:48

It's an AIMs certified marathon so I would be very surprised if it was signifigantly wrong on the distance.  Unless you run on the blue line from start to finish you'll never get a 26.2 mile run on a Garmin.

PMSL is pee'd myself laughing by the way! 

03/11/2007 at 23:47
Thanks amadeus, as I said I was ducking in and out of the shade a fair bit myself.  Not complaining bout that though, the sunny weather was definately better than the predicted rain/hail/snow/fog/etc given on some weather sites!  Perhaps part of the extra distance was trying to find somewhere discreet to pee in the Pheonix Park - you blokes have got it easy!!!
04/11/2007 at 08:16

MD and Mary - yes I was sprinting at the finish, but que sera sera I guess.

Yes the PMSL and GFA are as explained.

Amadeus - I hear what you're saying, but there was no blue line to follow at all, otherwise I would have stuck to it all the way lol.

NR - Yes, I have recovered from the journey, it was my pleasure to travel back with you girls, very pleasant company (apart from making me blush with pop discussions pmsl).  See you soon!

04/11/2007 at 14:41

Shame you can't make it to the social in NOvember Daz. Are you doing the Slog?  Come along just for the meal if you like. There are loads of races coming up though so see you at one of them.

End of my week off. Work tomorrow.  Will I stay awake or slump over my computer as usual?!! 

04/11/2007 at 15:00

NR - Not doing Slog, did it last year.  Prob won't make meal either, a bit of a trek to Engerland for a bite to eat lol.

I know the Social is on  22 Nov, I will see if I can sort my schedule so I can make it.

04/11/2007 at 15:56

Great Daz

There are a few of us doing Pembrey too so no worries

05/11/2007 at 08:30
DAZ,  if you were trying for GFA for Boston, you are allowed 59 seconds over the time stated.  So if the target is 3:15:00, then up to 3:15:59 would be acceptable.  I know someone who approached FLM with the same argument when she was about 40 seconds over the GFA and got in.  Nothing ventured...................

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8,321 to 8,327 of 8,327 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.