Dublin Marathon 2014

5 messages
03/01/2014 at 12:56

Last year after a number of years of applying and failing to get in, I finally achieved my ambition of running in a completing the London Marathon (my first marathon). I applied in the ballot for this year’s London Marathon but of course, like most people, was unsuccessful.

So I had a thought  about doing an overseas marathon this year instead. I have been round the globe with destinations, New York, Chicago, Paris, Barcelona and Berlin all got considered, but I think I am going to plump for the Dublin marathon this year.

I have read some reviews on the Dublin marathon on another website, which are mostly very posiitve, but before I go ahead and sign up for the run, I just wondered if anyone on here has done the Dublin marathon and if so what you thought of the run? would you recommend it? etc.

Nick.

03/01/2014 at 13:12

Strongly recommend Dublin. Ran it last year. Held on bank holiday Monday during the october half term. Great course, fairly flat, brilliantly supported with crowds of Dubliners everywhere! There were some rumours that the course will have to change this year (due to a new tramway?) which could possibly alter what is otherwise a well established, well organised and feel good++ marathon. Of course Dublin has lots of other benefits...very good for post run recovery liquid nutrition and for a big city, remarkably friendly! Enjoy!

22/01/2014 at 22:22

Ran it in 2012, loved it , well organised, loads of support, I quite liked the fact it had no relays, walks etc etc , just about 14,000 marathon runners , quite flat asides 2 hills, as Creech says a night in Dublin "Recovering" is perfect 

21/02/2014 at 10:23

I ran this last year, its amazing and well worth it. Here's how i got on and details of where i stayed  and FYI i left my hotel and stepped out into the start line. Perfect.

http://sjpc14.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/the-dublin-marathon-2013-completed/

03/06/2014 at 13:36

I also have a video of the route if your interested :

http://sjpc14.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/dublin-marathon-2013-here-i-come/

although, i think its been changed this year......

Good luck all

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.