dublin marathon

Anyone doing the Dublin Marathon

5 messages
21/10/2004 at 20:24
Hi, Roadrunner 2 here,doing my 1st marathon next monday in Dublin,anyone doing it? any advice for a 1st timer, race starts at 9am,would i want to be at the start at 8am !!
21/10/2004 at 20:30
RR2

See the other Dublin thread on this Forum!

Am also a 1st timer

I always get to all races at least an hour before

22/10/2004 at 08:58
yeah get there for about 8am. The street that you are going to stand in is surrounded by tall buildings and any sun that might be around won't shine on the street so it is FREEZING! Wear something warm and disposable (to throw away).
22/10/2004 at 09:23
49 people are doing it on the other Dublin Marathon thread.....

My first marathon too - see you there!
30/10/2009 at 19:35

How did you all get on??

I thought it was a great day, fantastic weather and great atmosphere.

This was my first big race and I found it very difficult to get my pace during the first half of the race, so many people catching my heels and catching my elbows, nearly hit the deck many times, found it very challenging.  Would welcome advice for future big races.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.