Dukeries ultra

6 messages
06/02/2013 at 13:51

I'm considering doing the 30/40 mile ultra in lieu of Cardiff 50.

Does anyone know whether the terrain will be suitable for road running shoes/road runner? Or is it possible it might be muddy e.t.c?

Thanks

Rich

10/02/2013 at 22:09

Rich

You would probably be better posting this in the ultra/adventure racing section. I believe quite a few on there have done the race before.

11/02/2013 at 06:25

I did the 30 last year directions were poor and I didn't think much of marshalling. I told marshalls that a group behind me had gone off track, and were lost, no interest. I eventually finished after several detours (missing markers blamed on walkers) I ran 8 miles extra. If you want to navigate it should be OK if you're looking for a run probably not

11/02/2013 at 18:49

Any thoughts on road vs. trail shoes though EKGO?

11/02/2013 at 19:03
It was dry and easy in road shoes, I'd imagine it would need to be very bad for trail shoes
12/02/2013 at 10:29

Righto. Thanks. Will hopefully get up for a look and a couple of test runs before the day.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.