Dundee 10 mile (Templeton Woods)

3 messages
03/11/2002 at 18:19
I ran this race on the strength of a comment posted by some bright spark, on this site.
Who was it that said 'there are just a couple of hills, and it is nice trot round the vallages of Angus'??
The first 5 miles are up hill, and the last 1.5 miles are up hill too - and we are talking hills - not just gentle rises!

Anyway, I did it in 1:30:09, and given that this was only my second outing at a distance more than 10k (having done the Great Scottish run in September in 2 hrs), I was quite pleased with the result.

Came in on serious empty, thinking that the 33 miles of hill training that I had done whilst on holiday near Inverness, just did not really cut it.

Its the last time that I believe any of you!
03/11/2002 at 18:36
It did you good I'm sure. Just think of the fitness you gained.
CC
03/11/2002 at 19:49
There is another thread in URWFRC forum, which had some warnings about the hills. I must admit I enjoyed it, although the uphill stretch to the finish is a bit sadistic! Well done on your time, just think how much quicker you will be next time :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.