East Retford RC Half-Marathon

41 to 51 of 51 messages
25/09/2006 at 14:45
I know what you mean bunts, must admit, I just put my music on and dont take a lot of notice of my surroundings!!
well done paddy, that is a lot to take off a PB especially when you are already fast, jsut think of your potential if you keep on improving
25/09/2006 at 15:14
Hellen - i don't run with music on as a safety issue (hearing traffic, muggers etc!), but in hindsight yesterday i should have been prepared to take the risk!
25/09/2006 at 15:31
Its the first time I have trained for the distance in 9 years so expected to get close to 1:42, was very happy seeing the finish line !
I hope I can sustain this pace for the Workops half at the end of October as this was when I expected to beat my OLD PB !
25/09/2006 at 21:15
anyone know when the results will be up?
26/09/2006 at 12:27
I too would like to know when the results will appear - so if anyone does know?
26/09/2006 at 21:13
i'm getting east retford's local newspaper from my auntie on sat, so I will be able to tell you then, but I would also like to know if they are going to be up on the website
27/09/2006 at 17:08
Results have now been compiled and have been sent to our web manager of www.retfordac.co.uk and also to the John Schofield site www.ukresults.net
Hope you all enjoyed the day. Sorry I was let down by the `sports massage` people who told me 3 days before event they were not coming and also the caterers who we have used before, still don`t know why they didn`t turn up.
27/09/2006 at 17:19
not your fault derek.
must admit I was dissapointed not to beable to get a massage afterwards, could really have done with it.
Everyone is better off without bacon butties so prob a good thing they didnt come!!!
27/09/2006 at 20:09
results available as a pdf at www.retfordac.co.uk or in sortable/filtered html format at [www.ukresults.net/2006/eastretford.html
27/09/2006 at 20:10
25/02/2013 at 14:28

Looking forward to doing this race as not done this particular Half Marathon before. Last year I done Grantham Half which was one tough cookie and from comments I  suspect this course isn't going to be quite as demanding as Grantham was.

Mid-way through London Marathon Training so hoping to have a good strong run.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 51 of 51 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.