Eden Project Marathon/Half-Marathon 2011

2 messages
21/09/2011 at 11:38

I (and a few friends) are heading down to Cornwall next month to take part in the Eden Project Half-Marathon. I've read plenty of good reviews about the event and am led to believe its quite a challenging course. It'll be my last competitive event before NYC Marathon in November, but for a couple of the chaps, it'll be their first half-marathon.

Anybody else done this in the past and willing to give a few opinions/tips?
Or anybody else signed up for this year?

21/09/2011 at 15:50

I've run the hm course as a training run and I ran the first full marathon.

It's a great event if the weather is good. Unfortunately it was raining and very misty / foggy on the day I ran.

This leads me to one piece of advice - carry a waterproof jacket or windproof - the temp on the course is a couple of degrees down on the local ambient temp - or it can be. Be prepared.

I don't know how much the race has grown but running the marathon I found the last so many miles very lonely - I felt quite down at times, I saw no one for what felt like an age - it might only have been a couple of miles but at 9m/m over the marathon it felt like an age.

The course is quite challenging but I've run harder halfs and of course you do get some great scenery. This is a good choice for a half if you want to enjoy your run, not set a pb or run at a storming pace. I enjoy races so much more when I'm not going flat out for a time, just enjoying the run.

Have fun and enjoy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.