Edinburgh half marathon

are there showers ?

7 messages
05/05/2011 at 19:58
hello all I am running the edinburgh half marathon on the 22nd may and quite aa few of my club are running the full marathon. I was wondering if anyone knew if there were showers at the end so I can shower and then watch the rest of my club come in from the full before going home ? if there are does anyone know where abouts in relation to the finish of the half ?
cougie    pirate
05/05/2011 at 22:51
There are showers at Waverley station - I know cos I'm
Doing the full there and dont fancy a long train journey home without.

I doubt there will be showers at the race course but shout if you find any !
06/05/2011 at 01:42
Done the marathon 4 times now and don't remember seeing showers. Since it finishes at a race course I'd be surprised if there are any.
cougie    pirate
06/05/2011 at 10:47
Maybe teeeny wee ones for the jockeys ?
06/05/2011 at 12:13
Amanda - I'm doing the half too........ I emailed the organisers and was told that there will be showering facilities at the reunion area at Musselburgh racecourse..... I too dont fancy travelling home without..... tho it may guarantee me plenty of space to myself on the train
06/05/2011 at 15:58

There were a handful of showers last year in the much better organised reunion area and I have been reliably informed they were bloody cold!!!

Hey Teuchter, *waves like a loon"  I'm doing the half this year too, didn't fancy doing the whole thing again...

09/05/2011 at 08:29
*waves frantically back at Caz* Hiya Caz ... no me neither..... got seriously frazzled last year during the second half.... stopping at the Racecourse this time round will do me nicely !! Am doing the Loch Ness Mara in October tho...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.