Edinburgh marathon - best accommodation?

5 messages
02/11/2010 at 11:14
Can anyone recommend good accommodation near to the start of the Edinburgh Marathon.  I had ventured down the holiday inn, travelodge route but I'm slightly concerned about getting breakfast of what I want and when I want it!  Maybe an apartment would be better?  Will be 2 of us for 3 nights willing to spend upto £150/night.
02/11/2010 at 13:13

Hi there,

when Mr SG did Edinburgh marathon this year we stayed at the Blue Rainbow Aparthotel Royal Garden, York Buildings Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1HY - booked through Expedia.

We paid £227.99 for 2 nights and it was about a 5min walk to his start of the marathon (one of the quick ones, not sure how far it would be to the others).

We were (mistakenly!) given a breakfast basket - loaf of bread, weetabix, jams etc, and the apartment was v good - big lounge/kitchen with satellite TV, dishwasher, free access to washing machine and tumble dryer, 2 bedrooms and good bathroom.  Would recommend.  Hope that helps!

02/11/2010 at 20:52
try the central yha. bit noisy on leith walk but cheap, you can do your own brekkie at 6am, and it's 2 min from the start, so you can use your own bog right up to the last minute....
02/11/2010 at 20:53
oh, and it's about £30pppn, very clean and tidy, has a bar etc etc..! have stayed in worse hotels.
11/05/2011 at 20:59
We've just opened a holiday let.  Free parking and easy to get to the start from here:  www.edinburghvisit.wordpress.com  Currently free for the Marathon weekend, sleeps 4

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.