Edinburgh Marathon 2012

821 to 833 of 833 messages
01/06/2012 at 12:05

Afternoon folks

Goodness thought i had posted about my shambolic race but must have thought i did and then didn't

First of all well done everyone on completing the race and some good times by a fair few of you.

Unfortunately I found it the most toughest hardest race i have ever done...really struggled with the heat and well with my recent injuries just din't do the race justice at all and came 26 mins more than last years time.............I now have very bad pain in my left thigh which docs thought might be a stress fracture...been for x-ray...nothing obvious jumping out from that so hopefully with a bit of R&R I will be raring to go again.....I have already registered for next year...I will not be beaten....LOL

Well done everyone again...the organisation was much improved and the support as ever was superb.

01/06/2012 at 12:13

Well done Franny for finishing though - and all the best for your recovery 

This made me chuckle http://www.scotsman.com/news/phallic-medal-stuns-edinburgh-marathon-runners-1-2330294 

01/06/2012 at 12:35

Cheers Duffs...yep saw that too..............wonder what shape next years will be

02/06/2012 at 12:51

Haha, yeah, 1st thing my mob of supporters said when they saw me was 'that medal looks like a ....' well, you can tell what they thought it looked like. Think it's really funny myself. Race organisation was spot on this year, the end was brilliant and no more bloody Lyers Road loop hell, well done Edi mara, got there eventually!

02/06/2012 at 15:34

Watching the gee gees on Channel 4 from Musselburgh, looks nice and cloudy there today!

ps. not backing any winners

02/06/2012 at 19:27

Finally back on internet on laptop as back from hols now, spent the resting in not so sunny Berwick, would have loved one of those overcast days last Sunday!!  One of the things I meant to comment on was someone posted about how crowded it was for them and they couldn't keep a decent pace as a result.  Wondered what others experienced, as for me it was one of the best i've had in that respect, considering the number of runners.

Started on Orange wave and even at that start you had plenty of room, apart from a couple of very short spells it never got crowded and I was able to runs as fast as I wanted, or more often as sloe in the 2nd half.  Still buzzing nearly a whole week after the race despite not getting even near my 4 hour target.

02/06/2012 at 20:49

ok end of the week and 72 miles completed; a new record! in what was supposed to be a recovery week. I don't understand how I've recovered this fast, but I'm pleasantly surprised nontheless.

06/06/2012 at 22:14

That is one heck of a recovery dhale750!  You did exactly 70 miles more than me!

Well I hope my marathon legs have recovered as I am heading off to Yorkshire tomorrow after work to have a stab at the Yorkshire Three Peaks on Friday, running (well most likely jogging) in between each peak, then doing Peak 1 again to make it 4 peaks!  Few beers in the evening and then doing it all again backwards on Saturday, just for fun!  I do love a challenge and did the National Three Peaks last year so am looking forward to another test!

07/06/2012 at 11:18

Wow, 70 miles more than me too!

Surprisingly I felt ok just a couple of days after the marathon but have delayed running to make sure i get a full rest. Ive got the GNR again this year and Ive signed up for Liverpool marathon in October so will pretty much pick up from where I left off as far as mileage is concerned.

Will probably do Edinburgh again next year as i feel i have some unfinished business.

07/06/2012 at 14:41

Monk, enjoy the three peaks it's a classic route! although not one I've considered trying to run! Sticking to the roads for now lol. I live in ingleton so very much my neck of the woods lol.

Jonesy, I'm also doing the great north run again, should be a belter! I am already considering Edinburgh again as I also have unfinished business with the strange yet intruiging course!

11/06/2012 at 22:01

Had to laugh as the EMF medal made it onto Have I Got News for You

Did a very gentle 5 miles in the rain this evening and it feels good to be back out running.

12/06/2012 at 11:28

Hi guys

Wow I agree 70 miles post mara is amazing stuff...Crikey jings....LOL

Jonesy dhale i have already signed up for Edinburgh AGAIN as I too have unfinished business with it and have a score to settle with it and as I live here its well easy for family support etc.

Monk..enjoy your 3 peaks..I am sure you will do better than you think.

I just ventured out today for my very 1st post mara run..only 4,51 miles mind and not very fast....thigh pain much better but have slight ache in my left hip. Get my x-ray results today.

My next big race is THE ABINGDON marathon in October...any of you doing that one ? I am doing it with some lovely peeps on the just a bit further thread raising money for a charity very close to one of the girls hearts.

Anyway good to hear you are all getting back out there again and hope to see you all in The "burgh next year...BTW it hasn't been that hot here since that day...LOL

14/06/2012 at 21:50

anyone else finding downloading their marathon photos really really slow? never had this trouble before?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
821 to 833 of 833 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.