Edinburgh Marathon

7,601 to 7,620 of 8,202 messages
14/06/2012 at 10:04

Thanks guys and good news is that the X-ray was clear...so thats a relief..Phewwwww

Just going to ease myself back into it gently

Hope everyone else is well.

14/06/2012 at 14:06

Anyone watch the highlights on Sky Sports 3 last night? Me and Tanner were on there by all accounts - thats just how we roll these days.

Didn't see it but understand that Tanner was giggling at me pushing past the Kenyan's to lead in the early stages - cant wait to check it out!

14/06/2012 at 15:08

MC Dave...nope didn't see it and it was also repeated today at 1pm apparently.

14/06/2012 at 21:39

We don't have Sky Sports  

Well, tonight was very productive... drove down to the club...waited around for a bit...drove back home...for a club that has members into the 100s the turnout at training is pitiful.  At least I've got the bags packed for a weekend in Londonium. Going to give Black Park parkrun a bash this weekend...wonder if I can get that elusive 27 something that the nice man at McMillan Pace Calculator reckons my Edi HM time equates to for a 5k....think that nice man must be on drugs 

Going to meet up with Angie next weekend at Hull, can't wait...just hope it isn't quite as hot as it was last year for the Humber HM...I still have the shorts lines on my legs from where I got really sunburnt.

15/06/2012 at 13:00

Aw CazSoul thats a pity about your running club training night. We always seem to get good turnouts at our club nights/days altough some busier than others. Good luck with the parkrun this weekend and I am sure you will get your sought after time  I have not been to my parkrun in ageeeeeeeeeeees...really must go back to one soon.Been out for another wee run today 5.51 miles this time and a wee bitty faster too and absolutely no hip/leg pain at all....Franny is back in the running again...woo hoo.Have a great weekend everyone.

DT2
15/06/2012 at 16:39
supercaz is in my neck of the woods!? well I may just have to take a trip down to black park parkrun aswell then!
16/06/2012 at 16:41
Wales were robbed
17/06/2012 at 21:19

So close... 28:11 at parkrun on Saturday...Mr CS was trying to push me to run faster in the last stretch as he'd worked out I could've got 27:59...unfortunately he went for subtle rather than shouting at me to move my freakin ass...and I didn't pick up on it.   There's always 14th July when we're back down there to see another Bruce at Hard Rock Calling.

Mr CS did ask if we were close to you DT, I said I thought you were more central judging by your training/getting lost routes you've told us about on here.

Excellent news about being pain free Franny.

18/06/2012 at 14:07

Back from a super golfing weekend in Blackpool and yet another trophy for the shelf 

All the more remarkable was my 13.5 miles on Saturday morning after a good 6 pints on Friday night 

18 week Amsterdam shcedule starts today 

Happy birthday Caz for this week (sorry I forgot which day it is) think it's today but can't remember what the birthday guru said

18/06/2012 at 14:08

oh and bad luck on your sub 28 attempt - next time girl!

18/06/2012 at 21:56

Caz, so close but great run anyway - next time!!!

Franny, nice run there, good that the hip is feeling ok. Slowly slowly to catch a monkey 

Dave, your mental, 6 pints followed by a half the next morning, you have the constitution of a pit pony 

Managed to get Jill out yesterday! Got 2.5 miles done (albeit slowly) and will be attempting 3 tomorrow.

GE, hope Rhodes is awesome 

18/06/2012 at 22:39

Philby Good 6 pints = 8 I think

21/06/2012 at 21:40

.........that sounds more like my training regime Dave than yours. Lol.

Philby - think Wales were less robbed and more stooooopid!  All they had to do was stick it up their jumper for two minutes.  Oh well.......as I'm gonna have to drag myself out of bed this Sat at 545 they had better make amends.

So Jill out running...............hmmmm.......does this mean that Jill is the secret recruit?

Caz - so close.  And Mr CS being subtle?  What was he thinking?  Next time for sure.  And Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!  And good luck for Hull this weekend. (think it's this weekend?) Say Hi to Angie - and put the thumb screws on her to sign up to Edi next year.

Franny - good news on the injury - keep the progress up - slow and steady.

OK - question for you all.  Does anyone know (Beavis hope you're listening) how does a Try a Tri work?  There is one coming up at our local swimming pool held by the Tri club.  Does it work like a full on Tri - straight from one discipline to the next? Or is there time to change?  Hence are you timed from start to finish or each section individually?  What do you swim in?  Any info would be great.  I'm not planning one until next year so Julie can be guinea pig and make all the mistakes. Lol.

Have a good weekend all. x

22/06/2012 at 17:58
Fi, just had a quick look at try a tri Cardiff and this is a 400m pool swim, 16k bike and 4.5k run, which is pretty much the same distances as a super sprint which I do as I'm not keen on open water swimming.
Not too sure but I'm guessing that these events are for notices only so you won't get the super stars with their fancy all singing all dancing TT bikes making you feel sub standard. I would think that the set up would be the same as a normal tri where you can wear a tri suit if you wish but most will wear just a normal swim trunks/costume and then add shorts, test, socks etc in the first transition before the bike. Hope this helps, any more questions feel free to ask, I'd say give it a go, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Oh, and one more thing, don't panic if you don't have a fancy bike, I've seen plenty doing tri's on mountain bikes and even shopper bikes.
22/06/2012 at 23:25

Will I be able to do the bike section on a Raleigh Chopper?

24/06/2012 at 11:47
A bike is a bike mate, as long as it's safe that's the only stipulation.
24/06/2012 at 22:15

One of the lads at the club dabbled in the world of tri last year and Mr CS asked if when you get to T1 do you get to dry off properly, put the talc on & roll your cossie up in your towel?? 

Saw Angie at Hull today...didn't manage to find her beforehand...total chaos with the parking...the main parking area is on a huge great field....not a great idea with all the rain we've had just lately...lots of people getting  stuck...including me  in my new cashcow (qashqai to those not in the know) which looks like a 4x4 but isn't.  I managed to finish in 2:15 which is a damn sight better than i did last year...Mr CS ran with me, apart from the last section of heartbreak hill which I had to admit defeat on and walk and then over the bridge coming back when I gave up trying to run uphill into the wind...he did wait for me to catch back up on both occasions though. Angie managed 2:06  Doesn't look like she's going to be joining us in Edi next year , home life is sucking big time.

Had a lovely birthday on Friday...could've done with the rain buggering off though...got absolutely drenched in Manchester...but Springsteen was fab...and I say that as a neutral spectator...he's Mr CS all time favourite.

24/06/2012 at 23:57

Well done on the Hull run, Caz. Always good to improve on a race from last year.

Seriously hot weather in Rhodes. Ate too much, drank too much and just slobbed around..... so all went according to plan really.

Yesterday was my first day of training for Snowdonia. Trail Wales Half Marathon in Coed y Brenin Forest Park. This is by miles the hardest thing I've done in all my time in sport. Absolute respect to all people who took part yesterday and to the people who ran the marathon, well, words fail me... My best half time is 1:40, my time yesterday, 2:27. Uphills and downhils were brutal but the setting was just spectacular.The race was awful and amazing in equal measures.  First year for this and I suspect it's going to become an iconic event.

26/06/2012 at 15:03

Afternoon all,

Was it Humber Bridge on Sunday Caz? I was going to run it but bailed out a few weeks ago. That hill goes on forever doesn't it? I didn't know the course before I ran it forst time and worked on the premise that once over the Humber your in Lincolnshire and Lincolnshire is flat. So I attacked that hill thinking it will be flat around the corner, or maybe the next corner, or maybe the one after that..............

Had soooooooo much fun racing last night btw. I had a meeting in Birmingham and when Tanner asked if I would like to run in a team event in Battersea Park (3x1mile) It seemed sensible to get a train down to London and back. Didn't tell Jo for fear of getting shouted at and I thought I had been sussed when putting my racing shorts on underneath my work trousers. Think I got away with it though!

Anyway, we blitzed the course in 14:19 to take the win with Jamie (Darren's club mate) posting a 4:38, Darren a 4:43 and me a snail like effort of 4:57 Was also nice to have a chat with Barefoot Ted on the start line who was running the same leg as me.

Eventually got home in my tracksuit and running shoes at half 11 only for Jo to say "did you wear them to work this morning?"

28/06/2012 at 21:57

Well our plans for Edi 2013 have been well and truly scuppered - its the same day my beloved Rush are playing at the LG Arena and love you all as much as I do it may well be the last time we see Rush in the UK, they are all approaching 60 and the last tour was 2007 so the maths isn't good!

Jill is a Rush fan to boot and yes she was hoping to be fit enough to run the half, so 2014?

Caz, sorry to hear Angie is having a tough time of it, please send her my best, and if there's any way to help or support, she only has to ask.

GE, sounds like Rhodes was perfect, unlike that half - ouch that sounded bloody tough, but you got around the course mate so kudos for that 

Well Nadal is getting roasted hope you all are keeping well 

All the best

Phil

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.