Edinburgh Marathon

7,641 to 7,660 of 8,199 messages
16/07/2012 at 12:28

Hi guys!

Apologies for being so quiet!  Cannot believe it is over 2 weeks since I came on here last.  Usually even if I don't have time to log on and write I check in - but I haven't even had chance for that   Not good.   Lots going on with work and home life.  And time is just flying by......................

Great tattoo Caz.  Looks - or looked - painful though. How many people will look at that and wonder - 'why are you celebrating being 39.3? Weird!' - only us in the know understand

Good to see you speedy ones are still.........well, speeding.  And chucking teddies. Lol.

Phil - say congrats to Jill for her job success and running success. 

Less than two weeks now and I will be off to Phuket.  Wanted to get a 15 in before I went but it may have to be less.  Went over badly on my ankle last Tuesday flying down one of the mountains.  Loud crack and for one awful minute thought I'd broken it.  Due to speed (downhill) took me several painful steps to stop.  Amazing how many things flashed through my mind. 'Oh S**t Snowdon! Oh S**t Phuket!'   Thankfully - although still slightly swollen - managed a run Friday (5) and yesterday (6).  Watched Julie do her Try a Tri.  Definitely entering Tris next year.  Was busting a gut to have a go yesterday.  So my run ended up at the gym where Shaun met me with all the gear and into the pool to practice my swimming.

Still miffed I managed to book a two week holiday when the Olympics are on.

GE - terrific time.  You are running really well.  Looks like you will be propping up the bar first at Snowdon.  Hmmmmm.....must remember to put my order in.

16/07/2012 at 23:03

Fi, glad the injury isn't too bad..... unbelievably whilst you were writing about your ankle my daughter was sat in A&E having her broken ankle put in plaster having fallen down the stairs this morning.Fortunately my son, who'd been on a stag do in Spain, had got the day off and was able to organise the ambulance.... but not before she'd managed to put some make up on. Women eh?

17/07/2012 at 19:32
GE, tell your daughter I wish her a speedy recovery, what a bummer!!!

Fi, hello stranger nice to see you back on here, not the same without you and Caz bantering the boys! Glad you managed to avoid a serious injury, but sounded mighty close! As for the holiday I have to say given the choice I would phuket off

Got out today but sodding typical I puck the one hot day of the week, 8 miles felt like 16, but a runs a run. Jill says that after all the shenanigans at Edi over the fridge magnet she can't find it, Fi can I examine your Fridge only kidding

Well gotta go, House is on tonight, he's the only Doctor I trust.....
18/07/2012 at 10:59

.....you can examine my fridge anytime Phil.   A bit of divine retribution hey? not being able to find it.  Fancy giving me a sexy fridge magnet only to take it back.  LOL.

GE - how weird.....hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery.  Think I would've been inconsolable if mine had gone.  Big hugs to her.

Well must dash.  Got loads to do in work and out of work.  Going on holiday is always an absolute nightmare.  Haven't got out for a run yet this week.  The weather is seriously depressing me - but apparently Summer is due to arrive next week...............when I'm going on holiday. Typical.

Take care all x

18/07/2012 at 20:42

Speedy recovery vibes heading your daughters way GE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18/07/2012 at 20:43

Speedy recovery vibes heading your daughters way GE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ see them there, they're speedy healing vibes they is.

Can somebody please put on their biggest boots and give me a right kick up the bottom...I have been serious skiving with a capital S... We were down in London at the weekend witnessing the Boss getting cut off in his prime but before then there was the small matter of sub 28 at Black Park parkrun...  It was all going swimmingly until about half way when I got the worlds worst lady cramp, I said to Mr CS I was going to have to slow down a bit when what I really meant was I want to curl up in a ball & cry...not only was it in my tummy but it was radiating down the top of my legs... I managed 28:22  11secs slower than last time...  Tuesdays run was cancelled...not due to the light drizzle in the air...honest...but due to cleaning for my brother & his kids visiting this weekend...so no running this weekend either.  Must train....November 3rd isn't that far away.... *gulp*

What's this fridge magnet you're on about???

Dave/Darren I love how you two can just brush off sub 6min miles as a gentle run...oh to be able to run that fast...nah who am I kidding, it looks like bloody hard work.  

Ooooh I can make up No.3 on the ankle hoo-hah....we went off over Shipley Glen the other week and not paying attention (as per usual) I went right over on my ankle...like you Fi I had that moment of "oh phuket" but after some tentative walking I figured there was no lasting damage and I could make it back without having to rely on a piggy back from Mr CS.

18/07/2012 at 20:45

*whistles innocently* RW is having a dippy fit...it was nothing to do with me...

19/07/2012 at 22:33
Caz, hope your feeling better, as for missing a few runs don't beat yourself up, lifes too hard as it is, I'm sure you'll turn the corner soon enough. Funny story, as I turned into Brize Norton today a lovely young thing was struggling against a head wind so being the gentleman I am I offered her a lift, she thanked me as I dropped her off, when I got home tonight I saw what I thought was my t shirt on the back seat so I grabbed it and handed it to Jill , mmmm that wasn't so clever turns out this little hotty had left a slinky tight dress (prob for an officers mess function) boy did I have to do some explaining!
20/07/2012 at 20:18

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Brilliant Philby - that is just the sort of lame excuse I would have come up with as well. Still, it could have been worse - she could have been on the way to a modelling assignment for swimwear or even Ann Summers!

Marathon training getting hard now - went to track yesterday for 1x3200, 2x1200, 3x800 and 4x400 It was not pleasant!

21/07/2012 at 09:34
Dave trust me, the look Jill gave me was killer! That track session sounded like a killer, what's your average 400 m time?

Just stepping out for an 8 miler, weather is getting warmer, for me I prefer the rain at least when running!

Hope everyone is fit and well, and enjoying their running.
23/07/2012 at 09:27

400's were around 70 seconds after that lot - Could maybe squeeze a 66 out if I tried my bestest

24/07/2012 at 14:58
70 seconds, I reckon mine is 95 give or take, I will have to have a crack at that! Got out this morning at 05:15 for 5 miles before taking Jill into work then driving over to Swansea to do Iris and John's lawn, managed just under 42 minutes which is getting back slowly to where I was before Bahrain, yup its been a long slow recovery, will start upping the distance for Snowdonia! Pretty nice conditions this morning, no breeze about 12-13 Dec c perfect running weather
24/07/2012 at 20:55

OK own up who swapped my legs for a beginners??

My name is Caz and it's been 10 days since my last run.... We went out for a hilly little 5miler tonight and I thought my legs were going to fall off they felt that heavy.  Really shouldn't leave it so long between training runs, especially if I want to get a PB in Las Vegas.

Teehee Phil, Jill is a right softy if you got away with just a death glare.

Dave which marathon are you lining up for???  I have Berlin in my head but I've just checked the date and it's the same as Nottingham HM and I'm sure you've said  you'd have to sweet talk Jo to be able to do it as it clashes with erm.....something....

25/07/2012 at 09:00

Yeah Caz, it clashes with erm.......... Macclesfield Half Marathon!

We're doing Amsterdam in October (21st) Really looking forward to it as Jo has family over in Holland so we're off over there for a few days and then to Amsterdam for the race.

25/07/2012 at 13:14
Ooh Amsterdam is flatter than flat...so we'll expect nothing less than Olympic standard from you. It's been years since I went to Amsterdam, couldn't find the red light area initially & then a nice train ticket guard bloke told us where it was *blushes* I was a bit unimpressed...then we drove through it the next day on our way to the next port of call & realised we'd missed at least half of it.
26/07/2012 at 08:09

WHAAAAAAAAAT - They have a red light district?

28/07/2012 at 19:46

http://www.carinsurance.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/red-light.jpg

Yep, takes freakin ages to get anywhere....

28/07/2012 at 19:59

Mental note to self..DO NOT search for red light images again without adjusting the search settings on the new laptop.

As Mr CS had been putting up with me for 10 years yesterday (not married for 10years just together for that long) we decided to go out for a meal & a couple of drinks...apparently chinese followed by cocktails is the way forward...managed to knock 28secs off my time at parkrun this morning...just another 20secs and I get sub-30 on the Bradford course....can get 28:11 on a flat one but I'd settle for 29:59 at Bradford with our 3 times up the "teeny tiny" hill.

28/07/2012 at 20:00
Nice Caz!

Just back from a stag do with a swollen ankle, sprained shoulder, broken finger and facial cuts - what a stag do!

Never again!
28/07/2012 at 20:10
Caz, many Congrats to you and Bruce for the anniversary

Holland is a lovely if flat place, I went to Arnehm for the WW2 anniversary of the airdrops, very moving, beautiful town and a definite good night out

Well done on the run, in spite of the celebrations, I went out for a gentle 5 miler on Thu at 2pm, temp was about 28 Dec c, at mile 4 I walked back cursing myself for being an idiot, this after running a 5 miler at home at 5am in 41 minutes, just goes to show sun is not my friend, sincerely hope its blowing a gale in Florida next HJan, mmmm, just for the race, not the whole holiday
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.